Chapter 14 : He Got Arrested?

(a/n: pls I'm so bad at naming the chapters💀)

El's pov

"oh its you!" we heard Neil's voice speaking to Steve. "what are you doing here sir!" Steve asked. "To get that piece of shit!" Neil loudly said walking towards the living room. He freezed when he saw us, especially hopper who's a chief.

"Oh hello there, what do you want?" hopper asked. "I'm here because I walked inside my house and my family wasn't there" Neil said. Max's hand was slightly shaking as she tried to hide it but I noticed and grabbed it, slowly caressing her kuckle with my thumb.

He was sort of speechless, obviously. "now if you'll excuse me sir-we have to go" Neil said walking towards us, max basically. I felt max squeezing my hand in fear. Neil had a faked confused expression on his face when max backed up as I put an arm in front of max, in case he hurts her.

"woah, why did you back up maxine, im your father" Neil said. What an asshole. He hurt her, called her bad slurs but when the chief was there he acted nice.

Max didn't say anything. "can you stop pretending" Steve asked as Neil looked at him. "pretending?" Neil asked. "yes exactly what you heard." Steve said. "Alright sir you're under arrest" hopper finally said.

"What? What are you talking about w-what" Neil asked. "Sir-just look at your step daughter, I know what you did to her" hopper said. "And you believe her?" Neil asked, now he's showing you he really is.

"Of course I believe her, look at her! Do you think she fell off her skate board or something, sorry to say it but you're dumb" hopper said. "Look-it was just one time-" Neil said clearly knowing he's screwed and that there's no way out of this.

"wait.." he slowly looking at me. "is that your daughter?" Neil asked. "yes she is" hopper replied. "she's that-did you know they she's a dyke and kissed my daughter" Neil said. "step-daughter" max quietly said as Neil glared at her. "you're not my father" max said.

"obviously I am, since I'm taking care of you, feeding you-" Neil said counting with his fingers. "taking care of her?! Look what you did to her" Steve angrily said. "She literally kissed a girl!! Every parents hits their kid at some point when they do something bad" Neil said. "You didn't just hut her, you beat her up!" Robin said.

"She's a fucking dyke!! It's a sin! She's disgusting, people like that shouldn't exist! So you're telling me that you're happy and not disappointed you're adopted daughter is a dyke?" Neil said.

"Yes I am, because there's nothing wrong with it you're just acting stupid! And I would never hit her like that because of it or anything that's abusive, plus it wasn't just one time, they told me you slapped them, and now this? It's abusive! " hopper said.

"Abusive?" Neil scoffed. "just because of a few slaps? Every parent does that! Well maybe not today's incident which was an accident" Neil said. "how is this an accident?" max asked. "I was mad okay? I didn't mean it" Neil said obviously lying so he doesn't get arrested.

"you shouldn't have hit me then! Control your anger for once" max said. "You're saying it like I hit you every day maxine!" Neil angrily said. "maybe not every day but you still slapped us a few times when you were mad, then you apologise so my mom doesn't break up with you" max said.

"Slap isn't a big deal! You're telling me you never slapped your daughter, oh wait... you didn't because you're original daughter is dead" Neil said turning to hopper. Everyone's eyes widened.

"what did you just say! Don't you dare ever say that! And no i never hit my daughter or will hit my daughter now!" hopper said trying not to lose it.

"It was an accident okay sir? I won't do it a again" Neil said. "how do I know if you're telling the truth? Everyone says that, just like you told Susan you won't slap max again?" hopper asked as he stayed quiet.