Chapter 45: Doctor's News

Max's pov

"oh you woke up!" el said as I opened my eyes. "good morning" I said. My eyes were still shut off because it was so bright by the sun. "I've got great news!!" I heard el saying. I opened my eyes almost immediately. "what is it?" I asked.

"so your mom talked with the doctor and he said that you can leave the hospital tomorrow!!" she said smiling. My eyes light up. "really??!" I asked. She nodded. Finally, I was so bored in here. I'm so lucky el was here otherwise I would die from boredom.

"Thank god, I'm so bored" I complained making el laugh. "alright I will pack your things" el said. "no it's alright i can do it" I said sitting up. I've been walking a little sometimes since the doctor told me to.

"no it's alright, there aren't much sit back down love" el said smiling. I just stared at her. "hello?" she snapped her fingers in front of me giggling. "oh sorry, I zoned out" I said giggling.

"I could tell" she said laughing. She looked so cute today I don't know why. She wore a casual light turquoise hoodie we once bought at the mall we went together, with black jeans and white converse.

I lover her style as well.She's literally perfection. She grabbed her backpack and started shoving a few comics and magazines she brought for us to read in the hospital. She literally thought of everything and it amazes me

Like she brought me stuff not to get bored. I told her it's alright, but she insisted. "one last picture?" el asked smirking. I smirked back. We've been taking some pictures with El's Polaroid camera for fun.

Yes we were indeed bored so why not. El walked towards me and sat down next to me. I wasn't laying down this time. I was just sitting there watching el. She put her arms around my shoulders as we both smiled for the picture.

We posed basically. She then kissed my cheek, I was not expecting it to be honest and I giggled. I felt myself blush once again. I then leaned in and kissed her on the lips. We've taken pictures and were laughing like little kids but that's what makes it fun

Just taking cute pictures with my girlfriend. In the hospital.. But still. What matters is that I felt happy. We both did. My mom suddenly walked in. She just stood there confused for like a few seconds processing what's going on

She smiled. "sorry to interrupt, I brought food so we can eat" my mom said. El and I looked at each other and smiled.

Will's pov

Mike and I have been sort of going out for a little. We hadn't told anyone. We can't tell el or max. After everything, max being in coma, El was such a mess when max was in coma. She was always in a low mood, not eating properly

She was too stressed, worried and upset that Mike's and my some kind of relationship wouldn't matter at that time. I feel bad for keeping that secret from el but I can't help it.

I've been in love with Mike since we were kids I have to admit.

*2 days ago *

"when max gets out, you should come to my house for a sleepover and a movie night chill time!" Dustin said excitedly.

"Oh my god yes!!" max said smiling. "since when are you so excited about going to Dustin's sleepover" Mike asked raising his eyebrow. "Look, I'm so tired and bored of this place that I would rather go anywhere at the moment and who said I don't like sleepovers?" max asked.

"You only come because el is coming" Mike said. Dustin accidentally laughed but soon immediately stopped when max glared at him. "It's-not true I mean sort of-" max said stuttering. "Mike is just joking don't worry" I said laughing.

"If I didnt enjoy yours company and only El's I would simply hang out with el only" max said challenging Mike. "you missed arguing didn't you" lucas asked trying not to laugh

Lucas always laughs when max and Mike are arguing. It's kinda funny u would say, I agree with lucas and the others. "I was just joking maxine" Mike said. "I know" max said. "then why did you argue?" Dustin asked.

"we didn't argue" Mike said. We all looked at each other. "but you just did?" I said. "It's their friendship love language-" Dustin joked but Mike kicked his foot making Dustin groan. "That sounded so dumb not gonna lie" lucas said.

"Damn Mike, stop kicking me, learn to take a joke" Dustin said making the rest of us laugh slightly. Mike rolled his eyes. It was late, lucas and Dustin had to leave.

My mom offered driving Mike at home as well and he agreed so we just sat there with el and max in the hospital room waiting for my mom to come

"You're not gonna come to school right away right?" Mike asked randomly said taking the girl's attention since they were chatting with each other so was I with Mike "I don't know to be honest, maybe stay at home for a week or two he didn't tell us anything yet" max said.

We nodded. "el, can you please go get me water" max asked quietly and shyly el. El smiled sweetly. "Sure, I'll be right back" el said kissing max's nose gently quickly before leaving the room.

Mike and I both noticed max blushing, looked at each other and smirked. "Someone's blushing" Mike teased. "shut up wheeler, I'm sure you two do the same thing" max said. My heart skipped a beat.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking at Mike in slightly fear, so was he. "I know you blush all the time, clearly you're together I can tell" max said. She knows.

990 words. To be continued!! I'm so sorry I hadn't updated😔