Chapter 57: A Casual Day

Max's pov

Bunch of teachers started talking to me and asked how I was after everything and stuff. It was so awkward because I don't usually have a small talk with teachers,sometimes but yeah.I'm glad they asked but yeah.

It was finally the end of the day. "hey el and will  wanna come over to my house?" I asked as we were waiting for our parents to pull up. The boys already left. So it was el, will and I left.

"is your mom okay with it?" el asked. I nodded. "you're welcome at any time I'm sure she doesn't mind" I said. She smiled. "el you can go I'll go to Mike's house" will said. "oh okay" I said. "I know you prefer hanging out just you two, you're just being polite" will said jokingly smirking.

"We want you too will" I said laughing. "I know, I'm joking. It's best I leave the couple alone. Plus, I want to hang out with Mike more" he said. El and I smirked. "of course you do" I said smirking making him giggle.

Joyce pulled up. "I'm going to Max's house if that's okay" el told Joyce. "Oh yeah it's alright, have fun. Is your mom here yet?" Joyce asked looking around. "she'll probably be here in a bit" I replied.

"I can give you a ride if you want" Joyce said. "no it's okay, my mom is on her way" I said. Joyce nodded and smiled. Then will and Joyce left.

"are you sure okay after that thing with Emily" I asked her breaking the silence. It wasn't an awkward one. I had been meaning to ask her again all day. But I didn't want to bring it up. I just wanted to ask.

She looked at me. "No I'm okay, why don't you believe me?" she asked softly. I shrugged. "I don't know, I'm just a bit worried but thanks for reassuring me" I said. I smiled. She grabbed my hand. I wasn't sure what to do because we were in public.

We were on the side of the building sitting on a bench. We were alone. Only a few people who were waiting for their parents to pull up. I didn't drop her hand. I smiled instead. "is this okay?" she quietly asked.

"Yeah it's more than okay" I said smiling. She smiled back. "No one is watching anyway" el said. I nodded. "Oh my god! You know what we should do?" el randomly asked excitedly. "what?" I asked smiling at her excitement.

"Christmas is in like two weeks right?" el said. "yeah?" I said motioning her to continue. "we should do your Christmas tree!!" el said smiling. "Oh yeah! I completely forgot about it" I said giggling

I've been in the hospital and we didn't put the Christmas tree yet obviously. "Joyce already put one while we were in the hospital" el said. "sure! Let's do it why not" I said smiling. "Wanna do it when we go to your home?" el asked. "yeah sure" I said.

My mom then came. "Oh! Hey el!" my mom said smiling. "is it okay if she'll come over?" I asked her. "Why do you ask? Of course it's okay" my mom said. Both el and I smiled and got in the car. My mom really loves el.

I'm so glad my mom has a good relationship with el. I usually sit in the front seat when I'm alone but I sat in the back seat with el. El's head was on my shoulder, our hands interwined. My mom asked how my day was and stuff. I told her it was alright

"Mom" I said in the middle of the ride. "yeah?" my mom said. "El has an idea, we want to put on the Christmas tree since we couldn't" I said. "Christmas it's in two weeks though" my mom said. "It's never too late" el said making my mom laugh. "You're right, sure let's do it" my mom said.

*at home*

My mom and el went to get the box where the Christmas tree was. I went to help but they didn't let me since I can't pick up heavy stuff. It's reasonable but I still don't like the fact that I can't do some stuff anymore. At least for a little while.

"there we go thanks honey" my mom told el. We started unpacking everything and stuff. We pulled out all the ornaments, lights and stuff.

747 words. To be continued!!
Merry Christmas!!! 🎄💗Btw Sorry for this such short chapter..