Chapter 18: Lunch Time

Max's  pov

We all sat down in the kitchen. Joyce was making lunch. "I can't wait to eat these but Joyce won't let me" el said looking at Joyce. "I told you, lunch first then desert" hopper said. El rolled her eyes. I laughed at the scene. She's so cute.

"i never expected this to be honest" hoper suddenly said. I frowned confused. "me either" el said making me frown more. "what do you mean?" I asked. "I never expected max mayfield being all soft and romantic" hopper said laughing.

El giggled too a little. "I'm not, I just decided to make a change" I said slightly smirking making them laugh. "only for el huh?" hopper asked raising an eyebrow. He likes making fun of me. I rolled my eyes as they both smiled and laughed.

"a dress would look good on you" Joyce suddenly said while cooking. "oh god I never wear dresses" I said making el laugh. "I know, I'm just saying you'll look perfect if you ever wear one" Joyce said. "I mean, I did wear one at the snow ball but I was forced by my mom actually" I said.

"well you looked good from what I remember" el said as I blushed and made eye contact with her. "thanks" I quietly said. "will why are you staring at me?" I asked. "it's because you're stunning" el whispered in my ear as she giggled.

I blushed lightly. "um-sorry its because all this is beautiful and I'm happy for both of you, I-I find it adorable" he stuttered getting nervous. "chill Will, I'm joking and thanks" I said laughing, he let out an nervously laugh too.

The food was ready. Hopper and Jonathan joined us. He was sleeping this whole time. "good morning-woah" he said but looked at max. "what happened? He asked as we all looked at each other.

"yeah well-you might have missed a few things as you were sleeping" will said as we laughed. "um-alright then, can you tell me" he said. El was basically about to come out to Jonathan. She knows he probably won't mind but it's still scary.

But before el could speak, hopper spoke. "alright um-many things happened, would you like to sit down and talk" he said as Jonathan nodded. "last night, el sneaked out to see max, they kissed-" hopper said as Jonathan's eyes widened.

"what?! They kissed?" he asked shocked. I grabbed El's hand under the table in case she was upset, probably yeah. Hopper nodded. "a-are you okay with that?" el quietly asked as she made eye contact with Jonathan.

"of course I am, so you two got on a date? That's why you're all dressed up max?" he asked. "okay you're going too fast and no the good part is that max came here this morning to ask el to be her girlfriend so that's why she's dressed up nice" Joyce said.

Jonathan's face soften now."oh..that's great" he said looking at us and then at will for some reason. "wait-why did you say 'the good part'? There's a bad one?" Jonathan asked as he was eating,his mouth full.

We all nodded. "alright I'm just gonna tell everything fast so we can get over with it" hopper started. "um-max's step dad caught them kissing, he hurt max, el told Steve and Robin to come help max, they all went over at Steve's house.

Billy was looking for max, so we both went together to find them and we did and they told us everything, Neil then came and I arrested him" hopper quickly said.

Jonathan's mouth dropped, so did his fork in shock. "what?" he asked. "yepp" Joyce said. "is that why you have a bruise on your cheek?" he asked as I nodded. It's not so visible fortunately.

"oh my god, I'm so sorry that happened to you max" Jonathan said looking at me. "it's fine" I said. I was sort of telling the truth. I was indeed okay now because Neil is in jail , I just asked my crush to be my girlfriend and she said yes and everyone at this moment is supportive. I couldn't be more happy with that.