Snow Day (Lyon x Lucy)

This was requested on Wattpad by Charamocha.

Here is a fluffy, snowy oneshot for the winter season.

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyon walked through the snowy streets of Magnolia, a smile growing on his face as he made his way to Fairy Tail's guildhall. It was a nice, cold, snow-filled, winter day and he wanted to spend it with his girlfriend.

Upon arriving at the guild, he pushed the large, wooden doors open to find that the mages inside were in the midst of one of their infamous brawls. This was to be expected, of course. He looked toward the bar, expecting Lucy to be sitting there, however, she wasn't. So, he decided to walk over to the bar and asked Mira, "where is Lucy?"

Mira smiled at him before responding, "here to see your girlfriend, are you? I'm still waiting for some babies from the two of you."

"Well, keep waiting. Where is Lucy?"

The white-haired woman chuckled and answered, "she's still at her apartment."

Lyon thanked her and turned around, walking back to the doors to leave. He heard Gray call out to him, but ignored him as he exited the guildhall. He continued to walk through the ice and snow-covered streets until he came to Lucy's apartment. He knocked and waited for his girlfriend to answer.

When he heard her muffled voice respond with "come in," he opened the door and stepped inside, finding that Lucy was bundled up on her bed. He raised an eyebrow as he observed her before laughing as he walked toward her. He sat on the bed and looked at her, seeing that she was wrapped tightly in her comforter as she sipped on a cup of hot chocolate, an open book next to her.

Lyon asked, giving her an amused smile, "are you comfortable?"

Lucy nodded, adding, "and warm."

The ice-make mage stood up and unwrapped his girlfriend, telling her, "well, too bad, because you and I are going to build snowmen."

Lucy whined as she pushed him away with one hand, "no! I want to stay where it's warm!"

Lyon laughed, managing to pull Lucy off of the bed. He took the cup of hot chocolate out of her hands and sat it on a nearby table. He pecked a kiss onto her pouting lips and asked, "can we please go build a snowman?"

He watched with a sense of victory as Lucy sighed and made her way to her closet, pull out some winter clothes, and walk into her bathroom, closing the door a bit loudly. The pale blue-haired man chuckled and sat on his girlfriend's bed to wait for her.

When Lucy reemerged, she had a frown on her face. She was dressed in a pair of jeans, a shirt, a dark blue jacket with brown furred trim along the hood, black gloves, and black snow boots with white furred trim around the opening of their openings.

Lyon, excited to have a day of snowy fun with his girlfriend, jumped up and grabbed her hand, dragging her toward the door. They exited the apartment and made their way to a nearby open space. Once there, Lyon turned to his girlfriend and instructed, "make the bottom part while I make the other two parts."

Lucy smiled at him as she asked, "how exactly do I do that?"

"Have you seriously never built a snowman?"

"Of course not!"

Lyon chuckled before he explained, "make a snowball and roll it around while patting it with your hands. It needs to be big and round."

Once Lucy had nodded and walked away, Lyon also set about rolling two snowballs. He occasionally looked over at Lucy, seeing that she was rolling the bottom snowball, a noticeable smile on her face. He smiled at the sight, knowing that even though she wasn't fond of the cold, she was still enjoying their activity together.

Lyon had finished the second snowball and was just about to work on the top one when Lucy called to him, "I'm done, Lyon!"

The ice-make mage looked over and his mouth dropped open at the sight of her creation. The bottom snowball was huge, much more than he expected. Lucy was standing beside it, looking proud of herself. He walked toward her, still staring down at the large snowball. It reached his knees. He looked at his girlfriend and questioned, "how did you make this so fast?"

Lucy laughed at his surprise and answered, "I don't know. I guess I have a talent."

"Clearly."

"Anything else we need for the snowman?"

"A bunch of rocks, a carrot, and a hat."

Lucy nodded and dashed off to collect the requested items. Lyon then looked back at the snowball in front of him. He gave a sigh, deciding to use the snowball he had just made as the top part of the snowman. He then started working on the middle part.

He had finished the middle snowball when Lucy returned with a carrot, rocks, and a black tophat. Lyon smiled at her saying, "grab the top part" and pointed at the smallest, but still quite large, snowball. The two mages picked up their respective snowballs and walked over to the bottom one, stacking the three parts of their snowman on top of each other.

Once completing that, Lyon pressed the black, round rocks into the snowman's face and Lucy stuck the carrot into it to make a nose and place the tophat on top of the snowman's head. The couple took a look at their snowy creation.

Before Lyon could say anything, Lucy rushed away from him. He turned around and watched curiously as his girlfriend shifted through some of the snow, picked up some things, and returned rushed back to him. The blonde quickly stuck a stick into each side of the snowman's torso before she stepped back to observe their finished project.

Lyon chuckled and wrapped his arm around his girlfriend, pulling her against his side. After several moments of silence, he asked, "how about we make some hot chocolate and cuddle?"

He watched with an amused smirk as Lucy whooped before she grabbed his arm and dragged him toward her apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed this oneshot! My legs have been sore due to chasing down some puppies outside a couple of days ago, so I wasn't really able to make this oneshot longer than 1000 words. I hope you still liked it, though.

My update schedule:
December 22nd: Romeo! Stop! (Lyon x Lucy ft. Romeo and Wendy)
December 25th: Lucy? Is that You? (Zeref x Lucy)
December 27th: You Look Really Cute in that Sweater (Midnight x Lucy)
December 29th: Want to Have Coffee with Me? (Lyon x Lucy)
December 31st: Falling in Love with an Old Enemy Part 2 (Minerva x Lucy)
January 3rd: Amusement Park Prize (Mira x Lucy)
January 5th: He's My Soulmate! (Zeref x Lucy ft. Natsu, Gray, and Happy)
January 7th: Demon Lucy Part 2 (Minerva x Lucy)
January 10th: Two Helping Hands and Blooming Romance Part 2 (Erza x Lucy x Levy)
January 13th: Stop Flirting With Her! (Erza x Lucy)
January 15th: Stop Trying to Kill Him! (Mira x Lucy)
January 17th: Lucy's Protective Girlfriends (Erza x Lucy x Mira ft. Natsu, Lisanna, and Gray)
January 20th: Laxus' Soulmate (Laxus x Lucy ft. Levy, Thunder Legion, Loke, and Makarov)
January 22nd: Protective Spirits (Laxus x Lucy ft. Lucy's Spirits)
January 25th: Mating Season and Jealousy (Lisanna x Lucy x Erza ft. Mira)
January 27th: Auction (Freed x Lucy x Rufus)
January 30th: Gemi and Mini's Plan (Freed x Lucy ft. Gemini)
February 1st: The Nightmares of Iron and Water (Gajeel x Lucy x Juvia)
February 4th: Spirits and Babies (Bixlow x Lucy)
February 6th: Fun at Ryuzetsu Land (Juvia x Lucy x Evergreen)
February 9th: Here Comes the Brides (Juvia x Lucy)
February 12th: Cuddles and Protective Teammates Part 2 (Cana x Lucy)
February 14th: I will Live for a Million Years (Loke x Lucy ft. Aquarius)
February 16th: Laxus and Lucy from the Future (Laxus x Lucy)
February 19th: I'm Not Leaving You (Gray x Lucy)
February 22nd: The Red Bitch is Back Part 2 (Laxus x Lucy)
February 26th: You're as Intimidating as a Butterfly (Meredy x Lucy)