Reunited at Last (Mira x Lucy ft. Elfman and Lisanna)

This was requested on AO3 by Pup.

I am a sucker for childhood friends to lovers. Friendship is an amazing foundation for a relationship, My partner and I were actually best friends since middle school and now we're in our last year of high school. I love the idea of Lucy being childhood friends with someone in the guild and she falls in love with them.

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An eleven-year-old Lucy walked through a town that she and her father were visiting. Jude was pursuing a business venture and for some reason had decided to drag his daughter along with him. Although, Lucy wasn't quite sure why. Her father never paid any attention to her and kept her shut up in the mansion. When he had made her come with him, the small blonde was hopeful that she and her father would be able to form a proper father-daughter relationship, but during the entire trip, he never even looked her way.

Tired of being stuck in the large house that her father had bought just for this business trip, Lucy managed to sneak out and made her way into the town, looking around her at the houses and the townspeople.

As she neared the edge of the town, a young girl ran past, pushing her to the ground. Lucy groaned in slight pain as she pulled herself to her knees and looked down at her blue sundress, groaning once again at the sight of it having gotten dirty.

She was about to stand and head back to the house when a small voice spoke, "I'm so sorry!" A hand was then stretched out toward the blonde girl. Lucy looked to find a white-haired girl that was about her age. Her hair was incredibly short and she was wearing a dirty, yellow dress. She took the other girl's hand and allowed herself to be pulled to her feet.

Lucy then responded, "it's okay. You should be more careful though."

The white-haired girl giggled and rubbed the back of her neck as she said, "yeah, I agree. I was in a hurry. Sorry again."

Lucy raised her eyebrow, "why were you in a hurry?"

The other girl answered, "my big sister doesn't like when I'm in town for too long and I've already been gone for a couple of hours."

Lucy smiled at her, saying, "I'm Lucy. It's great to meet you."

The white-haired girl smiled back and introduced herself as well, "I'm Lisanna!" She then clamped her hands in front of her and asked, "would you like to come with me? We can hang out for a bit!"

Lucy knew that she probably should start heading back home, but she couldn't pass up the opportunity to finally make a friend. She nodded her head vigorously and allowed Lisanna to drag her along to a house that was noticeably rundown. The blonde girl felt a stab of sympathy in her heart at the sight.

They came to a stop at the closed door and Lisanna pushed it open, announcing, "I'm home!"

Lucy had taken only a few steps in when she froze in her tracks. She looked around, shocked to see that the house was practically bare and in terrible shape. She looked at Lisanna and asked, "where are your parents?"

She immediately regretted asking when the other girl's smile turned into a frown and her face fell as she murmured, her blue gaze cast down at the floor, "they're dead."

Lucy placed a hand on her shoulder and said in a soft tone, "I'm so sorry."

Lisanna looked back up at her with a small smile. She opened her mouth to say something when another girl yelled, "who are you?"

The two girls looked at the back of the house, in the direction of the voice, seeing a white-haired girl that was clothed in a black cloak. She appeared to be only a couple of years older than Lucy. She also appeared to be unhappy with the fact that Lucy was there. Standing close behind the older girl was a young boy, staring at her fearfully.