Too Far, Minerva (Rogue x Lucy)

This idea for a oneshot just popped into my head along with a few others, so I decided to write it.

A RoLu that takes place at the GMG after a StiLu that takes place at the GMG.

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was just something about her. The blonde Celestial Spirit Mage that Natsu claimed as his best friend. Rogue couldn't quite put his finger on it, but there was something about her that interested him. That drew him to her.

He had known who Lucy Heartfilia was since he was a child living on his own after he killed Skaidrum. He had been passing through Crocus, trying to decide which guild he wanted to join. There were three that he had narrowed his sights on, well, actually it was two. Lamia Scale was too weak for his liking. That left two options.

Fairy Tail or Sabertooth?

Fairy Tail was the obvious choice, it was the strongest in Fiore after all. However, Sabertooth was much more alluring because of how new it was. It was still in its infancy and could easily be shaped into something great by just a few strong mages. Not to mention Fairy Tail was a bit too wild for him.

He made his decision. Sabertooth was the guild for him.

He continued on his walking. Not much time passed when a woman yelled, "those guys stole from my shop!"

Rogue turned to see two men running from a small store, a stuffed bag in one of the men's hands. It was clear that the bag was full of stolen money and other items. The young dragon slayer growled, his red eyes narrowing. No way were these guys going to get away with stealing. He rushed forward, preparing to use one of his shadow dragon attacks, when suddenly, a whip shot out and wrapped around man-who-had-the-bag's legs before a strong yank pulled them together, bringing him down in a way that looked to be quite painful.

Rogue came to a stop and watched with interest. A winsome young woman with blonde hair that resembled the bright rays of sunlight and brown eyes that could easily enchant. She held the whip that was still wrapped around the man's legs as she walked closer to stand on his back, keeping him down. With a look of confidence in her abilities, she looked forward to the man that was still attempting his getaway. She reached into a pouch on her hip and brought out a key. Pointing outwards, she spoke with a strong and clear voice, "Open! Gate of the Lion: Loke!"

A well-dressed man with wild hair and two tufts that resembled cat-like ears on the top of his head appeared. Seeming to already know why he was summoned, he bounded towards the running man at full speed, easily tackling and pinning him. Once ensuring that the man was unarmed, the well-dressed man dragged the thief to the woman for her to wrap up in rope and be taken away by Crocus' law enforcement authorities.

"We work very well together, My Princess." The summoned man said, taking the young woman's hand in his and kissing it. The woman rolled her eyes with a humorous smile before pulling her hand away and dismissing the flirting man. She then picked up the bag and handed it to the shop-owning woman that proceeded to thank her profusely, offering the blonde a reward only for the offer to be politely declined. The blonde then continued on her way, acting as though nothing had happened. 

Rogue watched her in amazement. Taking a deep breath through his nose, he managed to catch a whiff of her scent. Strawberries and vanilla. He doubted that he would ever forget that scent. The way the older mage had easily caught both men, and refused a reward after. She brushed it off as though what she had just done was nothing. It may have been nothing to her, but to Rogue, it most certainly wasn't. He had carried on with his traveling, wondering who that woman was and what guild she was a part of.