Birthday Kiss (Juvia x Lucy)

This was requested on AO3 by Fairyzilla.

I'm writing this during a thunderstorm and my power went out. Hopefully writing this will help me avoid freaking out.

Also, since "The Celestial Princess and Her Suitors" is coming to an end, I will post an update on a new book soon. It looks like "Quest for the Eighty-Eight Keys" is going to be the winner, which I'm okay with because FreLu, RuLu, and MidLu are the Lucy OTPs, but I'm not going to say that it's definitely the winner because there is still time for that to change. If you haven't voted and want to, then go ahead.

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy laid her pen on her desk as she stared blankly down at her draft for her novel. Writer's block was fucking her hard for the third day in a row. She had no idea what she wanted to happen next. She knew what she wanted to happen at the climax but didn't know how to get there.

With a sigh, she stood up and stretched, feeling relieved as her back gave a satisfying 'pop'. She decided to go to the guild. Grabbing her keys and whip, she smiled as she thought about asking Juvia to go on a job with her. She summoned Plue to accompany her, giving the small, adorable spirit a hug. She had been avoiding going to the guild all day because she knew that her guildmates would make a big deal about today being her birthday. She never was a fan of big birthday parties, but she was starting to appreciate them because they made her feel loved.

Lucy exited her apartment and walked to the guild, balancing on the edge of the canal and greeting the fishermen that were passing by like she did nearly every day. As she did so, she pondered her feelings about the water mage that was no longer obsessing over Gray. Lucy didn't know why Juvia had stopped, it was an unexpected event that surprised everyone.

Did Gray finally have enough and tell the blue-haired woman that he wasn't interested? Did Juvia take a hint and decide to get over him? Did she simply move on? Lucy didn't care what the reason was, all that she cared about was that the woman she was in love with wasn't chasing some guy that didn't return her feelings.

The celestial wizard no just had to figure out if Juvia was still single. She remembered Lyon being interested in the water mage. Did he finally succeed in wooing her? Lucy hoped not. Determining that asking Juvia to go on a job with her was the best way to find out if she was still single and increase her chances with her, the blonde woman increased her speed and began jogging to the guild.

She remembered Mira having mentioned that Juvia had moved on to somebody else and that this somebody else is a woman. Lucy knew that it was foolish to get her hopes up, but she couldn't stop the hope that rose inside of her. If Juvia agreed to go on a job with her, then she might even be able to confess to Juvia. She doubted that she'd be able to force herself to do that, but hey, you never know.

Bringing herself out of her thoughts, Lucy sent Plue back to the Celestial Spirit World and placed her hands against the door. She took a deep breath, preparing herself for the large party that she would be met with, before she pushed open the guildhall doors.

To her surprise, she was met with all of her guildmates sitting around and talking. No brawls, no party, and no shouts of 'happy birthday!' Lucy walked over to the bar as she looked at her guildmates. She sat down on a stool and waited for Mira to bring her the strawberry milkshake that she always ordered.

What was going on? Lucy didn't understand why her guildmates weren't celebrating her birthday like they did every year before. Did they forget? That thought caused Lucy to prop her arm on the bar and rest her head in her palm. Did everybody really forget her birthday? She knew that nobody had to remember her birthday or celebrate it, the fact that everybody forgot still hurt.

A strawberry milkshake was sat in front of her, not accompanied by a 'happy birthday.' Lucy sipped on the cold beverage as she looked around and took note of the lack of her team. She guessed that it was because of their absence that nobody remembered. It wouldn't surprise her if the only reason the rest of the guild remembered her birthday was because Natsu, Gray, and Erza would make them remember by insisting that they had to throw her a party. It also wasn't a surprise that Mira didn't remember since she had recently been very busy assisting Makarov with the mountains of paperwork.

Taking a slurp of her drink, she looked around for Juvia. Maybe she could distract herself by taking a job with her. Not seeing the woman she was searching for, Lucy decided that she would go back to her apartment and go back to working on her novel.

The celestial wizard finished off her milkshake and stood up, however, she was immediately grabbed by her arm and yanked back onto the stool she was sitting on. Lucy looked over at the person that had pulled her back in surprise, seeing Juvia sitting on the stool next to her.

Lucy blushed at the beautiful smile and kind look that the other woman was giving her. She looked away in an effort to hide her blush. She knew that she had entertained the idea of confessing to Juvia soon, but this was way too soon.

She heard the water mage next to her chuckle and say, "happy birthday, Lucy."

Lucy looked over to Juvia with slightly widened eyes, asking, "you remembered?"

Juvia chuckled again. "Of course I remembered. I love you, after all. Why wouldn't I remember?"

Lucy froze at what she had said. Did Juvia really just say that she loves her? Was this a dream? A prank? Was this actually happening? She stuttered, "y-you...what?"

Juvia's smile grew and she leaned forward to press a kiss on Lucy's lips, giving the celestial wizard the best birthday gift she had ever received...a birthday kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short and fluffy. I think it turned out very well.

My update schedule:
August 20th: Gifts from Layla Heart (Evergreen x Lucy)
August 24th: Drawn to Her (Zeref x Lucy)
August 30th: Bride Succubus Lucy Part 2: Alternate Ending (Vidaldus x Lucy x Juvia)
September 4th: Rune Mage to the Rescue (Freed x Lucy)
September 7th: Apology and Confession (Gajeel x Lucy)
September 12th: Reunited at Last (Mira x Lucy ft. Elfman)
September 16th: The Cat Caught the Fairy (Millianna x Lucy ft. Mirajane, Erza, Cana, and Levy)
September 20th: Mate of a Take-Over Mage (Lisanna x Lucy ft. Natsu)
September 27th: A Room Full of Lucy Ships (My Top 10 Lucy Ships)
October 1st: Go Talk to Her (Midnight x Lucy)
October 5th: Falling in Love with an Old Enemy (Minerva x Lucy ft. Natsu)
October 10th: We Wanna Ruin our Friendship! (Gajeel x Lucy x Rogue)
October 14th: Demon Lucy (Minerva x Lucy)