The Cat Caught the Fairy Part 2: Prequel (Millianna x Lucy)

This was requested on Wattpad by Bellaboo097023.

Here's how Millianna and Lucy got together. I did not expect this to become a trilogy, but here it is, being a trilogy.

I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day was warm as the sun shone from directly above. Lucy walked along the streets of Napraforgo Town. She gave a contented sigh, enjoying the nice break from her wild guild and destructive team. She had managed to get her team to allow her to take a solo job in a town that was a few hours away. The job wasn't a combat one, instead, it entailed researching a specific topic, something that Lucy was happy to do. She had finished the job within just three days and earned one-hundred-thousand jewel. She had decided to further enjoy her vacation by treating herself for a few extra days. Today was her last day in the town, so had decided to go for a walk and enjoy the summer day.

She looked at the marketplace's stalls as she passed by them, looking for a clothing stall because she had to replace a few outfits that had been destroyed by Natsu's flames on a few past jobs that they had taken together.

She quickly spotted a market stall that was selling cat-themed products. She walked toward the stall to take a look at the products more closely. As she looked over them, she picked up a cat-themed coffee cup. Lucy smiled to herself before she gave a chuckle. It was cute and brightly colored. She sat the coffee cup back on the table and looked at everything else that was set out.

Writing utensils, shirts, cups, toys, books, and even more things, all cat-themed. Lucy's smile got a bit bigger as she gazed at the items on the table. They reminded her of Erza's childhood friend, Millianna. She remembered when she first met the cat-like young woman fondly. She had thought that was very cute and her love for cats and anything cat-like was both humorous and adorable.

It wasn't until her first Grand Magic Games that she met Millianna again. Lucy remembered what had happened when she first set her eyes on the Mermaid Heel mage. Her stomach had become filled with a fluttering feeling, her face had become heated and red, she had felt nervous at the thought of talking to Millianna, but she also wanted to do exactly that. At the time, she didn't know what was happening to her, and she hadn't intended to find out until at the end of the Grand Magic Games. Now, she was able to figure out what had happened, and why was still had these reactions every time she saw the other young woman or even thought about her.

Lucy was in love with Millianna.

She had thought many times about confessing her feelings, but also decided against it due to not knowing if a relationship would be doable considering how far they lived from each other. She didn't want to leave Fairy Tail and she didn't want Millianna to feel like she had to leave her guild.

Lucy sighed. She began walking away from the market stall, but hadn't gotten far when she heard the loud crash of breaking glass. She whipped around to see a man running away from a shop that had a broken window at the front of it, he seemed to have stolen things as he had a bag of items in it. The celestial wizard reached for her whip and was about to jump to stop him, but quickly stopped herself when she noticed that a woman had jumped through the broken window and was chasing after the thief.

Lucy's breath caught in her throat upon recognizing the woman who was giving chase. She watched as the woman yelled, "Nekosoku Tube!" In an instant, the man was wrapped tightly and squirming on the ground.

Lucy felt a slight fluttering feeling in her gut and her cheeks warmed as she watched Millianna returned the stolen items to the shopkeeper and then leave the man with him to turn over to the authorities. When the Mermaid Heel mage caught sight of her, she waved and jogged over to her, causing butterflies to explode within the celestial wizard's gut and her cheeks to become burning hot. She was sure that there was no way she would be able to hide her blush.

She turned her head away when Millianna came to a stop in front of her, smiling as she greeted her, "hey, Lucy! It's been a while! How have you been?"

Lucy nodded, responding with a much of a steady voice as she could manage, "hey, Millianna...y-yeah, it's been some time. I'm-I'm great. How have you been?"

Millianna chirped, "awesome! I've missed all of you!"

Lucy smiled at that, feeling happy that she had missed her and the rest of Fairy Tail. Her mind then quickly turned back to her obvious blush. Wanting to keep Millianna from noticing, she decided to distract the other woman by pointing at the stall she was just walking away from and saying, "have you noticed that stall? It sells cat-themed things."

She cringed when Millianna gave a high-pitched squeal and raced over to the stall. Lucy laughed, still finding her love for cats an everything cat-like to be funny and cute. She watched with a smile as Millianna fauned over everything that sat on the table. She then walked over to the stall.

Eventually, her blush died down and the rapidly fluttering feeling in her gut calmed. She watched as Millianna bought everything she could, periodically making jokes about how she would run out of space in her house for everything and that she was going to buy out the man who was visibly struggling to keep up with the cat-crazy woman.

When Millianna had drained herself of the money that she had on her person, she ended up with four bags full of cat-themed items. Knowing that it would be difficult for her to take the bags home with her by herself, Lucy offered to help.

When they stopped in front of Millianna's front door, Lucy asked, "you live in Napraforgo?"

Millianna giggled before explaining, "well yeah, I mean, it is where the Mermaid Heel guildhall is located." She opened her door and placed her two bags inside before turning around to take the other two bags that Lucy was holding.

Lucy stared at her with widened eyes. She then exclaimed, "what? Then why did someone post a job request at Fairy Tail?" Millianna shrugged as she giggled again.

Lucy got ready to leave, wishing that she could remain with the woman who she had fallen for a bit longer, but was stopped just as she began walking away. She looked at Millianna with a raised eyebrow, wondering why she had stopped her, but also not particularly minding.

She watched as Millianna stared down at the ground with a light blush on her cheeks. The cat-like mage then looked up at her and asked, "would you like to have lunch with me tomorrow?"

Lucy felt her cheeks heat up again and her stomach did flips as her heartbeat became faster. She gulped before she smiled and mustered an answer, "y-yeah! I would love to!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried to go for something that was short and cute. Hope you liked it!

My update schedule:
December 6th: The Cat Caught the Fairy Part 3 (Millianna x Lucy ft. The Four Women Again)
December 10th: This is the END (Levy x Lucy)
December 13th: I Want to Hear You Sing (Freed x Lucy)
December 16th: A Guy that I'd Kinda be Into (Rufus x Lucy)
December 18th: Shut Up and Kiss Me (Loke x Lucy)
December 20th: Snow Day (Lyon x Lucy)
December 22nd: Romeo! Stop! (Lyon x Lucy ft. Romeo and Wendy)
December 25th: Lucy? Is that You? (Zeref x Lucy)
December 27th: You Look Really Cute in that Sweater (Midnight x Lucy)
December 29th: Want to Have Coffee with Me? (Lyon x Lucy)
December 31st: Falling in Love with an Old Enemy Part 2 (Minerva x Lucy)
January 3rd: Amusement Park Prize (Mira x Lucy)
January 5th: He's My Soulmate! (Zeref x Lucy ft. Natsu, Gray, and Happy)
January 7th: Demon Lucy Part 2 (Minerva x Lucy)
January 10th: Two Helping Hands and Blooming Romance Part 2 (Erza x Lucy x Levy)
January 13th: Stop Flirting With Her! (Erza x Lucy)
January 15th: Stop Trying to Kill Him! (Mira x Lucy)
January 17th: Lucy's Protective Girlfriends (Erza x Lucy x Mira ft. Natsu, Lisanna, and Gray)
January 20th: Laxus' Soulmate (Laxus x Lucy ft. Levy, Thunder Legion, Loke, and Makarov)
January 22nd: Protective Spirits (Laxus x Lucy ft. Lucy's Spirits)
January 25th: Mating Season and Jealousy (Lisanna x Lucy x Erza ft. Mira)
January 27th: Auction (Freed x Lucy x Rufus)
January 30th: Gemi and Mini's Plan (Freed x Lucy ft. Gemini)
February 1st: The Nightmares of Iron and Water (Gajeel x Lucy x Juvia)
February 4th: Spirits and Babies (Bixlow x Lucy)
February 6th: Fun at Ryuzetsu Land (Juvia x Lucy x Evergreen)
February 9th: Here Comes the Brides (Juvia x Lucy)
February 12th: Cuddles and Protective Teammates Part 2 (Cana x Lucy)
February 14th: I will Live for a Million Years (Loke x Lucy ft. Aquarius)
February 16th: Laxus and Lucy from the Future (Laxus x Lucy)
February 19th: I'm Not Leaving You (Gray x Lucy)
February 22nd: The Red Bitch is Back Part 2 (Laxus x Lucy)
February 26th: You're as Intimidating as a Butterfly (Meredy x Lucy)