𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐫

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗣𝗮𝗶𝗿.

Season two, episode eleven:

Fear Her - Part two.

- ~ -

Rose cleared her throat glaring.

Lynnette shook her head, gently pulling the jar of jam out of the Doctor's hands, "Not the time, Darling."

He nodded, sheepishly, suddenly aware of the tense atmosphere suffocating the room. Trish stared down at the floor of the kitchen, frozen in her thoughts, she didn't want to admit her daughter had something wrong with her. She wanted to protect her and keep her safe.

Rose sighed, "Those pictures - they're alive. She draws people and they end up in her pictures."

The Doctor quickly explained, "Ionic energy. Chloe's harnessing it to place those kids in a holding pen made up of ionic power."

"But how does she have that power?" Lynnette hummed, delighting in the rhythmic tap of the Doctor's fingers on her hip.

"And what about the dad from hell in her wardrobe?" Rose snarked.

Trish's head shot up, "How many times do I have to tell you, he's dead."

The Tyler girl rose a brow, challenging, "Well, he's got every loud voice for a dead bloke."

Resting his chin on Lynnette's shoulder, the Doctor muttered, "If living things can become drawings then maybe drawings can become living things...Uh!" She smiled as he continued, "Choe's real dad is dead. But not the one that visits her in her nightmares. That dad seems very real, and he's a heartbeat away from crashing into this world."

Trish swallowed harshly, eyes glazing with tears, "She always got the worst of it when he was alive."

"Doctor, how can a twelve-year-old girl be doing all of this?" Rose questioned.

Lynnette tilted her head to look at the man, "Maybe it's not actually Chloe doing it?"

The Doctor's eyes lit up, "Let's find out!"

When they entered Chloe's room, the girl was already waiting for them at the foot of her bed. She sat cross-legged, watching them intently as they slowly stepped into the room. She lifted a piece of paper to reveal a group of stickmen.

Lynnette grinned, "You draw better stickmen than he does."

Chloe smiled slightly.

The Doctor carefully stepped forward, crouching down as he placed his hands on the sides of Chloe's face, concentrating. Chloe's eyes fluttered and she fell backwards, the Doctor gently laid her down, "There we go."