𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱

Season one, episode nine:

The Empty Child - Part one.

- ~ -

"What's the emergency!?" Yelled out Rose as the Tardis shook rapidly trying to follow whatever the Doctor had sighted. The spaceship rumbled furiously as the trio were thrown side to the side somehow the Dcotormanaged to stay upright.

Lynnette clutched to one of the railings desperately, "Is it some kind of distress signal?"

He cast a glance at her, "It's mauve."

"Mauve?" Both girls called in confusion, stumbling towards the man. Rose was wearing a pair of jeans and a new shirt the Tardis had put into her wardrobe, it had the Union Jack plastered upon it and Lynnette found it highly amusing and called her a patriot.

The girl promptly got a smack to the arm, unlike her friend she had gone for a simple look which deprived of a cream blouse, checkered trousers and a brown blazer. Maybe not so simple after all.

The Tardis shook once more, "Universally recognised colour for danger."

"What happened to red?" Inquired the youngest girl.

"Red's a bit basic," Lynnette commented sarcastically.

Huffing, the Time Lord grinned, "That's just humans. By everyone else's standards, red's camp. Oh, the misunderstandings! All those red alerts, all that dancing!"

Then, he looked at the screen, "It's got a very basic flight computer, I've hacked into it, slaved the Tardis. Wherever it goes, we go."

"And that's safe?"

"Totally!"

Lynnette snorted, "You're a terrible liar."

He jerked forward and when he clicked a button, sparks flew all around, making them all flinch back. The Woods girl rose a brow and stared at the Doctor with a small smirk painted across her lips.

He sighed, "Okay - reasonably. I should have said 'reasonably' there," The Doctor glanced at the screen, "No, no, no, no! It'sjumping time tracks, it's getting away from us!"

"What exactly is that thing?" Questioned Rose as they all gazed upon the metallic object flying in front of them, it didn't look like a spaceship but then again a police box from the 1950s didn't look like it would be a spaceship either.

 "No idea," He said simply, clicking an array of buttons.

"Then why are we chasing it?" Asked the nineteen-year-old with a confused look.