𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻.

Season one, episode thirteen:

The parting of the ways - Part one.

- ~ -

"You know the Doctor," Spoke one of the gleaming Daleks as it turned to face the two girls, it looked the two of them up and down, "You understand him. You will predict his actions."

"We don't know! Even if we did, we wouldn't tell you!" Yelled Rose, fear coursing through her veins, knowing they could kill her and her friend within seconds.

Lynnette nodded in agreement, glaring at the alien, "Besides, a man like the Doctor? His actions can't be predicted."

It rolled forwards, "Predict! Predict! Predict!"

"How can you predict the actions of an unpredictable man! The Doctor is impulsive and erratic, you can't even begin to anticipate what he's going to do before he does it! Even he doesn't know what he's going to do!" Hisses the female, standing in front of her friend, unwilling to let the Dalek get any closer to her.

Another Dalek called out, "Tardis detected in flight."

"Launch missiles! Exterminate!" Commanded the other, no mercy in the slightest.

Terror shot through both girls as the younger screamed out, "You can't! The Tardis has no defences, you'll kill him!"

The words seemed so smug, "You have predicted correctly."

Lynnette let out a huff and shook her head, "Never try to predict what a madman with a blue police box will do."

Suddenly a loud explosion sounded and she knew the missiles had hit something. Her heart stopped for a moment but then she heard the familiar sound of the Tardis appearing. It grew louder and louder until the golden walls of the console room began to surround her, separating her from the Daleks.

Rose let out a gasp in shock and Lynnette turned slightly to see a Dalek standing behind them. In an instant, she ducked down, pulling the girl with her, "Get down!"

"Exterminate!" Screeched the alien, not firing at them but someone else. Then, another beam shot out, destroying the Dalek completely, sparks flew and smoke dusted the floor gently.

Slowly, the two friends raised from their positions, legs asking and hearts thundering in their chests. Rose caught sight of who fired the gun first and smiled, running up to him, "You did it, Jack!"

Lynnette's attention, however, was stolen away by the man who rapidly clicked buttons on the Tardis's control panel before finally looking up, eyes gleaming with relief. The reaction was instantaneous, the girl dashed over to him just as he did to her and they were swept into each other's arms. They clutched one another desperately, clinging to each other like they were never going to let go.