𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗿𝘆 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱.

Season one, episode four:

Aliens of London -Part two.

- ~ -

Lynnette hissed harshly as the Doctor gently dabbed at her wound, cleaning all the blood from around it before wrapping it tightly in some bandaging he had lying around his Time Lord pockets. It wasn't as painful as one would imagine but the dull ache of the injury was more than enough to make the girl uncomfortable.

Almost as if sensing her discomfort the pig she had saved nuzzled itself closer into her side, trying to offer some kind of relief. Lynnette smiled happily as she used her other hand to pet the little pig.

"Sorry," Murmured her companion as he cut the excess off and placed it back into his pocket, "All done."

"Thank god for that," Lynnette huffed, rolling her arm gently.

The woman was staring at the three with wide eyes, "You're saying that that's an ordinary pig, from Earth?"

"More like a mermaid," Shrugged the man, "Victorian showmen used to draw the crowds by glueing the skull of a cat to a fish, then calling it a mermaid. Now someone's taken a pig, opened up its brain, stuck bits on. Then they strapped it on that ship and made it dive-bomb, it must have been terrified."

Pulling the pig closer to her in a protective manner, Lynnette said, "Oh, you poor thing. No one's going to hurt you anymore."

The pig oinked happily and almost seemed to smile.

"He says thank you," Mentioned the Doctor causing the girl to snap her head up at him.

"Wait, you can understand him? The pig is a him, a boy?" She inquired in shock.

He chuckled, "Yes I can understand him and yes the pig is a boy."

Then they looked towards the woman who was mumbling under her breath about aliens faking aliens and they knew they needed to leave. Best not get the government involved with the alien that was currently in the building, it was a miracle how they hadn't found the Tardis yet.

Silently they moved along the hallways, waiting for patrols to go past when they finally made it to the Tardis, a breath of warm air pressing to their skin as a greeting when they stepped inside. Lynnette pressed a hand to one of the walls as a silent hello, smiling when the area underneath her palm grew warm in response.

"We better be getting back to Rose, I reckon, we've been gone for quite a while," the Doctor mused as he began to dart around the Tardis.

"Mhm," She hummed distractedly and so he turned to face her.