𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞- 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲.

𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

Season one episode six:

Dalek - Part two.

- ~ -

Lynnette's heart thundered loudly inside her chest and her lungs gasped for air so rapidly she thought they might collapse but still she did not stop slow for even a second. She ignored how each breath was heavier than the last and how the blood thumped in her ears, her only priority was getting Rose, Adam and herself as far away from the Dalek as possible.

The urge to look back and see if it was behind was impossibly strong but somehow she managed to resist, if it was right behind them, she didn't want to know. It was terrifying to think that a creature once so sad and tortured had killed at least thirty people in a few minutes and the worst part was that Lynnette played some part in it, it only went crazy after she touched it.

Her hand clenched and she forced her kegs to push her faster, her muscles were already beginning to ache but she wouldn't stop, not until her best friend was safe and away from all this. That was her main focus, make sure that Rose was safe.

Bolting around a corner the three of them suddenly came to a halt as they surveyed the large room with all sorts of things in it, most importantly, the soldiers who all had their guns aimed at them, ready to shoot on command.

"Hold your fire!" A man yelled out, evidently a commander. He stood high up and motioned to them, "You three, get the hell out of there!"

Lynnette didn't need to be told twice, she grabbed both of their hands and yanked them forwards, darting behind the line of heavily armed soldiers who barely even cast them a glance before returning their attention to the front, waiting.

Pulling them to a stop, Rose turned and stared at the space in front of them as well, eyes searching for the Dalek, and despite her better judgment, Lynnette decided they could wait for a moment. She was glad to be able to heave breaths in, trying to steady her breathing and pulse so it would be easier to run.

Her eyes snapped in every direction and she bounced on the soles of her feet, the adrenalin was running rampant through her veins, every part of her body was in overdrive, ready for any possible thing to happen.

Soon enough, she heard the all too familiar metallic sound of the Dalek moving and tensed, ready to sprint away as soon as possible, honestly, she doubted these people would kill it. Then, it came into view, blue light gleaming ominously.

It stopped in the centre and Lynnette felt a chill go up to her spine, it was watching her, she could feel it. She could feel its cold, merciless gaze upon her skin, making it crawl. Her body suddenly felt wrong, oversized and too small all at the same time, her heart picked up again, hammering in her ears and she knew. It wouldn't be stopped by the guards, it would continue on its blood-stained path and if they didn't move now, they would die with them.