𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗟𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

Season two, episode eight:

The Impossible Planet - Part two.

- ~ -

The Doctor's dark eyes stared up at the black hole, a certain sadness gleaming within them. It wasn't time for his adventure to end, it wasn't. There was still so much of the universe for him to see, so much for him to make up for. His only sources of comfort were the two girls who had so quickly become family. Lynnette squeezed his hand gently as he rest his head on her shoulder, staring up at the black hole sadly.

"Scooti, check the lockdown. Jefferson, sign off the airlock seals for me," Ida spoke quickly and the two followed her orders without hesitation.

'Open door 18.'

'Close door 18.'

Now the trio were alone.

Rose looked at the Doctor carefully, "I've seen films and things, yeah. They say black holes are like gateways to another universe

He sighed, "Not that one. It just eats."

"Long way from home..." Murmured the girl.

The Time Lord pointed, "Go that way. Turn right. Keep going for, er...about five hundred years, then you'll reach the Earth."

Rose lifted her phone, brows furrowing, "No signal. That's the first time we've gone out of range. Mind you, if I even could...What would I tell her?" She looked at the man, "Can you build another Tardis?"

Lynnette shook her head, one of their late-night conversations playing in her head, "He can't."

The Doctor nodded at her words, "They were grown, not built. And with my home planet gone...we're kinda stuck."

"Well, it could be worse. This lot said they'd give us a lift," Hummed Rose.

"Then what?" The Doctor questioned.

She shrugged, "I dunno."

Lynnette smiled, "We find our way, together," Both looked to her, "We find some planet, work toward getting a home and jobs and eventually, we'll get a ship, it won't be anything like the Tardis but at least we could still explore."

With a playful huff, the Doctor spoke, "I'd have to settle down. Get a house or something. A proper house with... doors and things. Carpets. Me! Living in a house! Now, that...that is terrifying!"

Rose giggled, "You'd have to get a mortgage!"

Lynnette snorted, "And insurance!"

The Doctor gasped in mock horror, "No!"