𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗚𝗶𝗿𝗹.

Season two, episode four:

The Girl in the Fireplace- Part One.

- ~ -

Screams filled the air as hundreds of aristocrats fled from a sword-wielding robot. The faint ticking of a clock persisted as the man walked forward, a robotic mind filled with one object only. Collect the final part for the ship.

"We are under attack!" Exclaimed a man to his fair-haired partner, "There are creatures. I don't even think they're human. We can't stop them!"

Attention to the shattered clock upon the mantle, the woman spoke, eyes gleaming, "The clock is broken. They're coming."

Her two guardian angels were coming and they would protect her.

"Did you hear what I said?" Shouted the man, terror filling his veins as the screams grew louder. His subjects were being hunted down and he could do nothing to stop it.

Finally, the woman turned her head to her lover, brown eyes glinting with hope and a certain fondness he had never quite seen before. She stepped forward, hands intertwining with his, "Listen to me. There is a man and a woman coming to Versailles. They have watched over me my whole life and they will not desert me tonight.

"What are you talking about? What woman and man?" He had never heard of such to people, never had she ever mentioned them to him and yet as he saw the trust the woman had in them he couldn't help but agree.

"The only people, save you, I have ever loved," As soon as she saw the offence take place on her face, she shook his shoulders, she knew nothing would ever come of her affections, "No, don't look like that, there's no time. You have your duties. I am your mistress, go to your Queen."

That was one of the things he loved most about the woman in front of him, she was content with her life and status while also ambitious in what she could achieve. Without looking back, the woman turned to her fireplace that she seemed to adore so very much although he could never understand why.

She crouched down and called out, "Are you there? Can you hear me? I need you now, you promised! The Clock on the mantel is broken! It is the time! Lynnette! Doctor! Lynnette! Doctor!"

- ~ -

"So where have you taken us this time?" Hummed Lynnette as the Tardis landed, smiling when the Doctor gently pulled her up.

Ever since the conversation they had, everything had changed. Suddenly they had more trust in one another, they could lean on each for support with ease. They always looked for their counterpart and now you would rarely see the duo apart.