𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗳𝘂𝗹.

Season two, episode ten:

Love and Monsters - Part one.

- ~ -

"Is the most beautiful woman in all of the cosmos here?" A soft, gentle voice rang out from opposite the library.

From within the small nook Lynnette had found, she grinned. Snuggling further into luxurious pillows and blankets the Tardis had laid out. The comforting scent of vanilla and pumpkin spread from her nostrils as the flame from the candle flickered, shadows dancing on the walls.

Lynnette was restless.

Sleep would not wisp her away to the realm of dreams, it forced her to lay awake, staring at the constellation-filled ceiling of the Doctor's room, the dull throbbing of her fractured arm shooting through her. Protectiveness wouldn't even begin to cover how the Doctor had been since she had awoken in the med-bay.

He was by her side every waking second if she tried to reach for something, he'd get it for her, he was always by her side. Now, don't mistake Lynnette, she adored the Doctor and the protectiveness he carried with him, it let her know he cared. But...when she's trying to ignore a giant problem hanging over her head it's very difficult to hide it.

Instantly, he knew something was wrong, as he always did. He had questioned her and tried to figure it out for himself but to no avail.

Lynnette could hear his footsteps now, he was coming closer.

Eventually, she couldn't lay with her thoughts anymore and as carefully as she could she crept out of the bed. She thought she hadn't woken the Doctor but obviously, she was wrong.

Her head rested against a bookshelf, book in her hand long forgetting against her leg. Her eyes closed for a moment and all she could recall was Jefferson telling her about some alien language she had spoken.

Saints, she was an alien.

From the corner of her eye, she saw the Doctor peek around one of the bookshelves. She saw his brown eyes glint with happiness and a twinge of worry. He strode toward her, hair that scruff messy she never seemed to get enough of. 

To say gods didn't exist when he stood there was a lie.

His freckled skin was lined with the orange gleam from the fire, he was ethereal at that moment. Untouchable, divine, holy, he was a light indescribable, a presence in inexhaustible, he was perfection in its highest form.

And his most intimate affection was reserved for her and her alone.

A soft, pale hand stretched out, cupping her cheeky most fondly.  Lynnette's eyes fluttered closed for a moment, relishing in the comfort of his grasp. When she opened them again, his brown eyes stared back at her, glittering and wonderful.