𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲.

Season one, episode eleven:

Boom Town - Part Two.

- ~ -

On the screen, Mickey and Rose walked away hand in hand, causing Lynnette to sigh softly. They had made up and the man had hopefully told the girl about his escapades with other women and Rose had understood and she was happy for them. She really was. But she couldn't help thinking of what would happen when the two released all of the problems heading their way. Mickey didn't like being away from Rose but he didn't want to travel with them and the girl wasn't going to stop travelling anytime soon which meant the two would struggle. Both of them had been flirting with other people. And there was always the small possibility that they could all die on one of their trips and Mickey would never know.

"So, what's on?" Questioned Jack as he looked at Lynnette and the Doctor who stood side by side.

"Nothing, just..." The Doctor trailed off and instead began working on the wiring of the Tardis' console.

Finally, Margaret spoke again, "I gather it's not always like this. Having to wait," A pause, "I bet you're always the first to leave, Doctor. Never mind the consequences, off you go. You butchered my family and then ran for the stars, am I right? But not this time. At last, you have consequences. How does it feel?"

"I didn't butcher them." Breathed the Doctor.

"We made a choice to save our world, one you forced us to make," Commented Lynnette gently.

Jack glanced at the two, slightly surprised by their expressions, "Don't answer back, that's what she wants."

He shrugged, "I didn't. And how about you, Margaret? You had an emergency teleport. You didn't ap them to safety, did you?"

"It only carries one, "She responded, "I had to fly without coordinates. I ended up in a skip on the Isle of Dogs."

Sharing a quick look, small smiles grew on the Doctor and Lynnette's faces as a few quiet sounds of amusement slipped pasted their lips.

"It wasn't funny," Snapped the woman.

"Sorry," The Time Lord couldn't keep the humour out of his voice.

Margaret turned to face them, features full of shock and offence as the man continued, "It is a bit funny."

Jack laughed then, joining them. It was then that Lynnette noticed the sly grin that crawled onto the Slitheen's face and tensed slightly, knowing nothing good could come out of what she was about to say.