𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 -𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞'𝐬 𝐄𝐧𝐝.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲'𝘀 𝗘𝗻𝗱.

Season one, episode twelve:

Bad Wolf - Part Two.

- ~ -

Lynda darted over to the railed stairs, pulling herself up to them as her eyes widened in profound amazement, "Blimey!"

The two followed her, smiles painted on their faces as they watched the girl gaze at her home planet from the observatory deck. It truly was a wondrous sight. "I've never seen it for real before, not from orbit. Planet Earth!" She gasped, somehow entranced by the thick clouds of smoke and furious lights that blocked up at them, it looked nothing like the Earth Lynnette knew.

With wide eyes, the Doctor took a breath, "What happened to it?"

Shrugging, the girl responded, "It's always been like that, ever since I was born. See that there?" She pointed to one the of murky glimmers of light, "That's the Great Atlantic Smog Storm, it's been going twenty years. We get newsflashes, telling us when it's safe to breathe outside again."

Lynnette looked at her in surprise, "I would hate that, I'd go insane sitting inside all day."

The Doctor nodded in agreement, "So the population just sits there? Half the world's too fat and half's too thin and you lot just watch telling."

She grinned, "Ten thousand channels, all beaming down from here."

Resting his head on his companion's shoulder, the Time Lord let out a quiet huff, slightly annoyed, "The human race! Brainless sheep, being fed on a diet of..." 

He didn't finish off his sentence and Lynnette merely lifted a hand, gently pressing it to his shoulder in comfort, knowing he was irritated with how the human race had evolved. Then, another thought struck him, "Mind you, have they still got that programme where three people have to live with a bear?"

Lynnette let out a quiet snort just as Lynda exclaimed, "Oh, Bear With Me, I love that one!"

He smiled in amusement, "And me. The celebrity edition where the bear got in the bath!" Lynds giggled and then his face turned serious again as he looked at the deteriorating Earth, "But it's all gone wrong, I mean, history's gone wrong, again! This should be the Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire. I don't understand. Last time we were here we put it right."

Shaking her head, the blond spoke, "No, but that's when it first went wrong, one hundred years ago, just like you said."

"What do you mean? How did it go wrong, Lynda?" Questioned the Woods girl with wide eyes, her expression no doubt mirroring the Doctor's.