𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 𝗳𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿.

Season one, episode eight:

Father's day - Part one.

- ~ -

"Hey, Tardis? Does the Doctor always push open the door when the sign says to pull it? Hum once for yes and twice for no."

It had been an hour since the trio had escaped back into the Tardis after stealing three bottles of alcohol from Henry the Eighth. Unfortunately, he had caught them and then had preceded to chase them around his castle but eventually, they managed to get away from him, thanks to Jane Seymour.

Lynnette had immediately gone off to her room once the Doctor had placed the beverages they had acquired in -according to him- one of three kitchens in the Tardis. The very second she entered her room she headed to the shower, desperate to get the sweat that clung to her skin off.

As soon s she had stepped into the warm water, the muscles in her body went lax and she sighed, surprised by the number of scrubs, shampoos and conditioners the sentient spaceship had laid out for her. She spent a good thirty minutes simple relaxing before finally deciding to step out.

Lynnette didn't bother to grab a hairdryer, preferring to allow her hair to dry naturally and once again she was surprised when she saw a curious-looking device with a screen that said 'Queen'. With a raised brow she clicked a button on the side, which looked suspiciously like a play button and waited.

Then the familiar song of 'Good Old-Fashioned  Lover Boy' echoed through the speakers and Lynnette giggled brightly, she adored Queen. And so, with the pleasant music playing in the background she dressed.

She wore a simple black turtle neck, made of thin material so she wouldn't get too hot, beige trousers and a pair of sleek black combat boots. Already, the girl looked good but when she added the golden jewellery she looked positively magnificent.

In answer to the girl's question, the Tardis hummed once and Lynnette snorted. She shook her head in amusement as she turned off the speaker and walked to the door, ready to head to the main room in which Rose and the Doctor were.

When she got there, the girl immediately took notice of her friend's sombre mood and walked over to her, swinging an arm over her shoulders. Rose placed her head on top of her shoulder in response, sighing softly.

"Peter Alan Tyler, my dad," Rose began, quietly, "The most wonderful man in the world. Born the fifteenth of September 1954. I wasn't old enough to remember when he died, it was the seven of November 1987, it was the day that Stuart Hoskins and Sarah Clark got married. He was always having adventures, that's what my mum says. So I was thinking...could we?"