𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥'𝐬 𝐄𝐧𝐝.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹'𝘀 𝗘𝗻𝗱.

Season two, episode nine:

The Satan Pit - Part two.

- ~ -

Frantically, Lynnette's hand smashed against the grate. She shoved and shoved furiously until the metal came undone, flinging to the side, allowing them an escape. "Come on!" She yelled, scrambling up.

Her grip was unyielding as she yanked Rose up, quickly followed by Danny. The grinding of metal was heard from the tunnels, the Ood was nearly through. 

Her heart thundered, "Come on, Toby! Come on!"

There was a moment of silence, "Help me! Oh, my God, help me!" Toby screamed

Lynnette heaved, hands gripping his arms as she pulled, grunting. Quickly Jefferson followed, gasping as he stumbled to his feet. 

But not even a second passed before they were running again. One of the doors opened to reveal a battalion of Ood with blood-thirsty eyes. Crimson eyes stared at them as the Ood marched forward, electricity crackling around them, ready to kill.

"It's this way!" Danny shrieked

"Hurry it up," Zach grunted.

They didn't bother to close the door, the loud slam it made as they threw it open rang in Lynnette's head. Scrambling toward the monitor, Danny frantically grabbed at the device in his pocket. They were at the final stretch and the Ood were less than pleased.

"Get it in, Danny," Jefferson exclaimed, discarding his useless gun for a long pipe instead.

"Hurry up, Danny," Toby gasped, staring down at the Ood slowly walking forward. Each step was calculated, like the ominous beat of a drum. Drawing fear into their hearts.

Lynnette nodded to Jefferson, grabbing another rusting pipe, "Danny, hurry. Jefferson and I will fend them off."

The metal was cool in her hands, controlled. It was ready to be commanded...but so was something else.

Everything went quiet.

 It was distant, barely there, and it sung to Lynnette, called to her with a sweet song she knew all too well. It pulsed through her veins, whispered to her heart and hugged her soul.

She breathed.

Heart halted.

Flames erupting.

They came from nowhere and everywhere at the same time. They snarled and snapped at any Ood that dared to tread too close. They gleamed brilliantly, the hypnotic oranges, reds and yellows singing a thousand songs as they danced, protecting.