Chapter 27

Chapter 27

It was midnight now, but Ruan Yu was going up the mountain.

Du Chen had a feeling of unease in his heart and his tone couldn't help but have a hint of panic: "What do you want to do?"

The night was silent and only the wind answered him.

Ruan Yu finally climbed to the top of the mountain, panting. It's winter now and it snowed a few days ago. The down jacket he was wearing was thin but he was sweating all over.

The ground was full of mud and wet and cold dew but Ruan Yu didn't care, he sat down.

The cold wind whistled and soon, the heat from climbing the mountain was taken away. Ruan Yu's face and nose were frozen red, like a rabbit.

From here, you can see thousands of lights.

Du Chen stood behind him, bent down and asked him, his voice trembling a little: "It's cold at night, let's go back, shall we?"

Ruan Yu rubbed his hands and exhaled a breath of heat.

He frowned, smiled and sighed: "It's so beautiful."

There are so many beautiful things in this world.

The aurora in Alaska, the snow in Siberia, the beaches in Hawaii...

He hasn't actually experienced it yet.

But Ruan Yu didn't care much anymore. It is enough for him to have the lights in front of him and the stars above his head, even if the moon and stars are rare.

The sky is getting brighter.

Ruan Yu checked it, and today it will be a sunny day, there is no smog and you can see the sunrise.

He turned on the phone.

There was no one in Ruan Yu's WeChat account. The two most frequently contacted people have been buried in the ground.

But he still wanted to say goodbye to them.

The first thing he opened was the chat box with his dad.

Ruan Yu said to him, "I went to see you and  mother a few days ago and I hated you to death. I had to argue that I would drive to Tibet by myself, it hurt my mother."

Ruan Yu: But I miss you so much.

Ruan Yu: You didn't like Du Chen at first, you didn't want me to marry him. I also quarreled with you.

Ruan Yu: I wish I had listened to you, dad.

His father would never get back to him. The last circle of friends was three years ago. In the picture, the pure blue sky of Tibet is clear and moving.

Then there is his mother.

"Mom..." There was a dazed look on his face, "If only I were stronger."

"Actually, I'm better than many people. Maybe there are still many people who envy me..."

"But I'm tired. Don't get angry, okay?"

He paused, a little smile appeared on his face: "I love you."

A red light broke through the clouds.

The sun is about to come out.

The last thing Ruan Yu opened was a dialog with Du Chen.

The last chat was recorded in May of this year.

He stayed for a long time until the sun showed most of his face, just like he woke up in a dream.