Chapter 38.

We went to the hospital the next morning to finalize some paper work.

It was about 6:00 in the morning and the sun was just beginning to show its florescent colors.

Sophia was really gone. She left us.

You would be surprised how often this happens to me, and throughout the night I questioned where or not it really happened. Or if I was just crazy. But it was all real, to real.

The hospital smelled like cough syrup and vanilla death.

I was surrounded by swarms of crying people, to many joyful people. It seemed to be an ongoing struggle of ups and downs in my life.

"Follow us this way" a nurse with a clearly face smile plastered on her face said.

We walked into the room where Sophia once laid dead.

I could picture her body, pale, extremely lifeless, starting to turn purple.

My eyes began to fill with steaming hot tears.

"May I ask... how she died" I said quietly looking down trying to clear my head of all the nasty rotten thoughts.

"We aren't exactly sure, her body just gave up. She was on life support, so it strange that she would just suddenly pass away like that. But thinks happened unexpectedly sometimes" the nurse said.

"Ya" I mumbled under my breath.

It was like my body wasn't sure what emotion to feel. I felt anger, I felt regret, I felt sadness. And a lot more I wouldn't even know where to begin describing.

"She didn't deserve this" Kate said loudly.

"Michael" I thought randomly.

"Wait mam, was a man name Michael Clifford visiting Sophia yestureday?" I questioned.

The nurse took a moment to look at her sheet.

"Yes, why?" She asked.

I looked at Kate.

"Would you mind if we watched your security tapes" I asked "please"

~●~●~●~

We were lead into a dark room full of bright screens lighting up every inch of space.

"Okay let me pull up her room" the officer said typing random number into the computer.

The screens all went to the footage from last night.

It was a fight between Michael and Sophia.

Michael was holding flowers and chocolates. He seemed to be asking her to forgive him.

She was laying down in her hospital bed. Screaming at him to leave. Her hand gestures began to become extravagant.

There was more shouting.

Most of the nurses had gone home. And Sophia and Michael were isolated from everyone.

Michael got on his knees and said something like "I can't live with myself"

And Sophia said something I couldn't make out.

Michael started crying. Then ran and hugged her.

Then he left.

"What, he just left?" I said looking back at Kate.

We watched for another 5 minutes until Sophia fell asleep.

"Wait...what was that" Kate said pointing to screen.

There was a shadow. And it was moving closer to the door. It resembled one of a man.

We kept watching for about 3 minutes and the shadow paced back and forth.

Then it walked into the room.

It was Sophia's dad.

She was sleeping peacefully.

He began calling her awful things, and screaming at her.

"You never should have been born!" He would shout "we never wanted you, you don't deserve this...this life. You don't deserve to life you piece of trash"

She couldn't understand any of it. Sophia was still asleep.

"I don't want you! Why are you even alive!" Her father screamed getting closer to Sophia's face.

He stood there for a few moments.

"Your not worth me or your mother's troubles" he said grabbing Sophia's life support cords and yanking them harshly from her skin "at least now you wont be a bother"

And we watched as her heart rate dropped down to a flat line.