Chapter 8. After Math

The rest of the school day went as expected. Not so bad. I only had a bit of homework do it wasn't like the end of the world. After school I walked out side to see my Aunt in her car holding a bag a fast food. When walking to her car, Luke ran in front of me.

"Hey, are you doing anything after school tomorrow. I wanna talk to you about something" Luke said.

"I honestly don't understand why your talking to me" I paused "but ya if you want you can come over."

"Actually I was thinking that you could come to my house" Luke said biting his lip.

He was actually pretty attractive. I had never really taken the time to look at his face, but it was extremely handsome.

"Uh ya sure, if you want I can bring snacks" I said.

"Perfect I'll get some Skittles, Michael told me you really like them" Luke said looking down.

"You guys were talking about me?" I asked.

He looked down blushing.

"Hehehe I have to go" I said walking away.

I really didn't want to get close to Luke. I will think of him as a friend. Not a best friend. Just a friend, nothing more. I can't get close to anyone. Not even my parents anymore. I just don't want to hurt anyone. So I don't let them in.

I got into my Aunts car and she shook the bag full of junk food. I laughed then took it from her. She got me a Wendy's hamburger and a frosty with french fries. I have to admit it made me extremely happy to eat a frosty. She started driving.

"So who was that boy" my Aunt asked.

I knew that question was coming. My mouth was full of food so she had to wait for an awnser.

"Um, he's a friend I made. I'm going to his house after school to study" I said.

"Oh do you him" my Aunt asked.

I rolled my eyes. I can never have a guy friend with anyone asking if where dating.

"No he's just a friend, I met him today" I said.

"Oh that good did you make any other friends?" My Aunt questioned.

"If your asking if I made friends with any girls then no" I said annoyed.

"You always need girl friends" my Aunt said in a low tone.

"I mean not really" and then the conversation was over.

When we pulled up to her house my Aunt told me what was for dinner, even of I just ate. I said thank you then entered the house and went in the room.

I had math and L.A homework which surprisingly wasn't that hard considering it was supposed to be advanced. I looked I my phone, which I had just good back. I had it taken away after my "accident."

I had four new messages. Two from my mom and two from and unknown number. I checked the unknown messages first, because of curiosity.

From: Unknown number

Hey! It's Ashton! I saw your phone number today on the sheet of paper your holding. I was wondering if you had written the math homework. Because I completely forgot to.

From:Unknown number

ALEX?!

I was curious why he had written my number down. But I texted him back anyway.

To: Ashton

Um ya the home work was on page 145. Problems 45. 65. and 76.

From: Ashton

Haha that was just a way to get you to reply to me.

To:Ashton

You little sneek...

From: Ashton

Hey don't hate the player hate the game.

I didn't reply after that because I did want to get in a flitting war with him. So I checked out my mom's text.

From: Mom/birthgiver

Hi sweetie I love you so much. Hope your having fun in Australia!

From:Mom/birthgiver

CALL ME!

So I called her and we talked for about 30 minutes. Then it was time for dinner. I wasn't really hungry but I ate anyway. We had Chicken pot pie. It was pretty good. I just hope schools better tomarrow.