Chapter 27. And then there was us

The smell of gym socks and perfume welcomed us as we entered the school building. It was Kate and Sophias first day of school, both of them were uderly scared and unpredictable.

"Where do we get our schedule? Do you think they'll like us? What if they hate us?  I should have done something with my hair..." conversations like like drifted around the car as we drove to the place the would be learning until summer, and then next year.

"Well were here" I said opening the door for the others.

"Damn your school is fucking huge" Sophia said, she was immediately silenced by several teachers. Sophia began mumbling under her breath.

"Woah, I wonder if we have any classes together? I mean there seems to be a lot of programs..." Kate said

"Well we will never know until we actually get to the front office, we have been standing here for like five minutes" I laughed making my way to the office.

Kate and Sophia following like a lost dog.

"Excuse me mam but these are two exchange students looking for there schedules, do you think you could possibly help them?" I said, almost charmingly.

"Oh sure sweetheart, what are there name's" the lady smiles at me.

"Oh im Sophia Mess" Sophia said

Kate was staring at something so I had to tap her.

"Oh what, oh I'm Kate Laughlin nice to be here" she smiled.

"Ok, I'm printing your schedules should be out soon" the lady said walking into the backroom.

"I hope I got good classes..." Kate said starring at me, she got nervous with this kind of thing.

"Dude same" Sophia said looking at the lady coming back holding two stacks of papers with each of there name's on them.

We thanked her, got passes the left.

"Well this is going to be awkward,  hey Alex what do you have first?" Sophia asked

"Oh I have Maths" I said "the teacher hates me"

"Oh I have that two" Sophia said starring at her schedule with deep concentration.

"Oh lucky, I have Social Studies" Kate said

I told her where to go, and then took Sophia to the class.

We walked in and all heads turned towards us, there were a few whistles and wispers. Michael was smiling, and waving at Sophia. Very typical of him now that he decided that he was in love.

Sophia and I made our way to the teachers desk before stopping right before we hit it.

I was guessing we were taking another pop quiz. Great.

"Um sir...you have a new student,  her name is Sop-" I tried to say before getting cut off.

"We're taking a quiz now silence your self and take a seat, I'll deal with her" he said talking a sip of his coffee.

I was speechless,  but in the end sat down giving Sophia a reassuring smile/nod.

After class I had managed to not do anything except write notes to Michael explaining why Sophia was here. You see I didn't tell anyone that they were transferring to our school. I don't know why it just didn't come up in conversation.

Sophia was sitting next to me, she was excused from the pop quiz. I also exchanged notes with her.

After class ended we met up with Kate a walked to our next classes.  Unfortunately the only other classes I have with Kate are science and gym. And with Sophia only gym. So I would only be seeing them sometimes.

"Hey Kate how did your first class go" Sophia asked

"Great, a lot less awkward than it could have been. Did you know Ashton is in my class he's real-" Kate said but I stopped listing.

~●~●~●~

We all met up for lunch. Soon after we got our food from the vending machines, the guys walked up. Luke and Calum pulled me into huge bear hugs. Ashton hugged Kate tightly, but not me. Michael and Sophia talk and huged regularly.

Soon lunch ended with a debate about who would win in a fight.

A potato or a waffle.

Obviously a potato, there a lot harder that waffles.

The only other class we had together was gym. Which came surprisingly fast.

When we walked in Kate and Sophia did the same thing I did on the first day. Then we went and changed before heading putting up our hair and going out side.

"Hey guys " Calum said waving like a puppy.

"Hey were play soccer today" Ashton told me, this was the first time he had directly talked to me all day.

"Oh im awful at that game" I said half laughing

"Oh I bet your not" Luke said

"There are two things I'm really, really awful at and they are dancing and soccer " I told Luke.

"I bet you have mad dance skills " Luke said.

The others were talking about how FIFA related to real life soccer.

"If you count doing to 90's version of the sprinkler great or attractive dancing then yes I'm a professional" I teased.

"Well you attractive doing anything" Luke said.

I felt my cheeks go red. Then class started. We were going into teams of two, I was with Sophia. Kate was with Ashton. Michael was with Calum and since there was an uneven number Luke was also in the group. We headed out side.

Me and Sophia were playing Kate and Ashton first.

No surprise, they one. It was mostly Ashton because Kate was trying to block the sun from her eyes the entire time, but Ashton let her get a couple goals. Weird.

After we played Luke, Michael, and Calum.

Great. Totally fair.

Michael was being really flirty and not paying attention, same with Sophia. So it was really only Luke, Calum,  and me playing.

"I got it!" I shouted running towards the goal. Just as I was about to get it in I was picked up from behind.

"Not if I can help it" Luke said hugging me from behind.

"Hey! Not fair I call a penalty or whatever it's called" I said.

Luke just laughed putting me down bitting his lip then taking to ball and running away. Fucking cheater.

"God he's so flirtly with you" Calum said

"Ya I guess, but he doesn't like me like that Calum" I said.

He eyes went wide.

"Sure" he said laughing and running away.

I was left at the end field alone, just before the rang and we all got changed.

"I ant belive you can get straight A's her by not even participating" Sophia said "That's awesome"

"Ya gym here is actually fun, like really fun" Kate said as we walk out of the locker room door.

I heard my name from across the room.

"Alex!" It was the gym teacher "Can you go get an extra ball from the closet,  soccer practice is today"

I nodded and walked towards the closet. As I got closer to it I began to hear voices.

"You are such an idiot Ashton" it was Luke.

"Luke I can't help it" Ashton shouted.