Chapter 32. Night at the bars

We spent the night wandering the towns. Sounds of cars and laughs  poured into our ears as we paced down the sidewalk. His hand on my hip, my hand on his shoulder. Everything peaceful.

Michael, Sophia, Ashton, and Kate were walking in front of us. We were heading to a bar call "96V."

Perviously we went to a movie, then to dinner. Me and Luke took turns paying because I insisted that I needed to help.

Then all of us thought if the perfect way to end the night. Drinking aged wine, under dim lights. Drunken fouls passing us every minute. Superb. Our plan was to not get drunk, but to drink.

As we strolled up to the front, a man nodded towards us to go in. Letting us skip the huge line of 16 or 15 year olds looking for something to do. I had to say, all of us looked a lot older than we really were.

As all of us entered the dimly lit room, every corner was hit by ether a disco ball light, or a dinner light.

"Wow" Luke said

"Yeah agreed" I laughed

"Who is ready to have fun" Ashton said walking in front of us.

Kate followed after shouting out a "Wooho!" And rushing into the dance floor.

"She's so weird" I laughed dragging Luke on to the dance floor.

We danced for an hour, to stupid pop songs about love and drugs. But it was great, I was spending it with Luke.

He would randomly smile at me, which was adroble.

●~●~●~●~

After about 3 drinks I decided that I needed to go to the bathroom and wash off my face.

"Hey!" I shouted at Luke so he could hear me though the music "I'm going to wash my face, can you hang with Sophia and Michael?"

"Yeah, have fun" Luke smirked walking towards Michael and starting a conversation.

I pushed through the sweaty people till I made my way to a narrow hallway. It was lined with posters of bands, small local bands. It was lit largely with light and had a sigh pointing to the bathroom.

"I thought it was you!" I heard a voice shout from the door a few feet away from me.

"Well you were wrong, why would you ever think that!" Shouted another.

I walked up and peered into the small crack showing. I knew it was wrong but I had to know with it was.

Ashton and Kate. God dammit.

"I wasn't aware, I didn't even have a clue in till I heard you talk!" Ashton screamed.

"I thought you weren't going to get drunk, Ashton do you realize what you did? You cheated on me!" Kate yelled back.

"Kate please, please forgive me. I had no clue! I thought it was you" Ashton pleated

"That is not a fucking excuse" Kate said folding her arms over her chest.

"Kate your being crazy!"Ashton said.

"Me? I'm the crazy one! Are you kidding me? Your the one who cheated on me, remember? Even worse you fingered her, Ashton that's awful!" Kate said.

"Your overreacting!" Ashton said

"Well let me go make out with a random stranger and see how you feel about it!" Kate shouted.

Ashtons fist clenched, it started turing white.

"What did you say" he said.

"Wow you are so hipacrical, are you fucking kidd-" her sentence was interrupted with Ashton attempting to hit her in the face.