Chapter 16.

Most of the night with Michael resulted in us making chocolate chip waffles and eating way to many Doritos. I had promised myself I wouldn't ask about what was going on, but that was one promise I couldn't keep.

"Hey Michael" I said in the middle if him putting the Pixar movie Finding Nemo "why are you guys fighting....?"

I kinda stopped what he was doing before coming to sit next to me.  I could tell he was hesitate with what he was going to say.

"Oh were fighting over some girl... you may know her, her name is...." he said fumbling "STACY, that's her name, Stacy"

He was so clearly lying.

"Uh huh" I said "and what color hair does this Stacy chick have?"

".....brown?..." Michael said.

"Is that a question or a statement?" I asked.

He was about to open his mouth before realizing it would most likely make the situation worse.

*beep beep *

I got a text message.

From Ashton :

Hey we should talk. Alone. Bye have a good night.

That's weird I thought.

"Hey I have to go" I said I probably needed to check on my Aunt Jennifer anyway.

She had been in the hospital and went through surgery, there just keeping her till tomorrow.

"Oh okay let me drive you" Michael said.

"It's fine I can walk,  it's only like 4 blocks" I said.

"But it's dark, really it's not a big deal" Michael said.

"Hey don't waste the gas" I said laughing.

He smiled,  then I was out the door.

It was cooler then I remember it being when I stepped out side.

I quickly started walking before I heard footsteps behind me.

I turned around to see a figure in a gray hoddie walking behind me.

My pace sped up, my heart was beating faster.

I looked around again the figure was walking faster.

I started running,  I couldn't feel my lungs.

I looked behind me at the figure he was sprinting pulling something out of his pocket.

I was at my house really quickly. I slammed the door shut behind me not hesitating to leave anything unlocked. 

Next I locked the windows.

"Breath...breath,  I was just a joke" I told myself.

I had to make myself a cup of tea to calm down. I was still processing who was in that gray hoddie.

About 30 minutes later there was a knock at my door.

"Coming!" I shouted

When I opened the door I saw a smiling Ashton.

"Hello, hope it's okay that I stopped by " he said.

"Oh, ya its fine come on in" I said

"Hey I really need to talk to you" Ashton said.

"About Stacy?" I said laughing

"Who the hell is Stacy?" Ashton said

"Ask Michael" I smiled.

"Okay....but anyways we really need to talk.

My mind went to a million conclusions, none of them good.

"Well let's do it over eating Skittles" I said pulling some out of the top cupboard.

When I walked over to Ashton he looked a little concerned.

"What's up?" I said taking the seat next to him.

"The thing is this kind of thing,  is really hard to put into words...what I want you to know is that I like you I really really really like you....but I can't stand to be around you." I Ashton said.

I felt everything in me drop. Like a little bomb just blew up inside me. Wait not a little bomb, that's stupid,  it was a huge bomb.

"You make me happy and I really love being around you, I just don't want to hurt to hurt you" Ashton said "We can't be friends anymore Alex" he said in a stern voice.

"What, what did I do this time?" I said rubbing my leg staring at the ground.

Ashton ran over to me.

"It's not you...your great...I'm just an awful person...every time I let someone in...everything goes wrong.  Every one ends on hating me Alex. I want to save myself as soon as I can" Ashton said.

"Save your self from what! I thought...you know what never mind! I think God just hates me or something because I can't ever seem to just be happy!"

"ALEX! Listen I'm protecting you because I love you! There I said it I'm head over heels in love you. I can't stop thinking about you. I'm only happy around you. You are like a drug for me. But soon your going to leave and I'm not ready for that Alex! I love you and it fucking hurts like hell because you want get out of my brain" he said pounding himself on the head " Why want you leave my head" he said sitting down.

"Mabey I'm meant to be there Ashton...." I said smiling.

"Stop...STOP" Ashton said getting up "Stop doing that cute little adorable smile thing that makes me go crazy!"

I was so stupid.  So so so stupid.

"Ashton... I love you to" I said getting up.

"What" he said in a whisper.

"I said I love yo-" I was cut off by him pressing his soft lips on mine.  He kissed me with a passion. 

We were in the middle of making out when I pulled him away.

"Ashton,  you are so cute" I said.

He smiled, planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Alex, I have to go" He said.

And then he was gone.

Today was a mix and happy, awful, and amazing.  But honestly what and the fuck was going on with Ashton.