Chapter 9. Falling in dream land

I woke up today to the annoying sound of my Aunt screaming at me to wake up.  Oh damn I forgot to set my alarm. I looked at my clock it read 7:00 school starts at 7:30. I had to get ready and eat breakfast in 20 minutes so I had to to drive to school. I immediately jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I washed my face, then brushed my teeth and hair. I sprinted into my room and picked out an out-fit. It was a black bro-tank that said " you complete mess" on it. And a pair of black skinny jeans with rips on the knees. I found a pair of green flats and put my hair into a messy braid. I very quickly did my makeup which was just concealer today since I didn't have time for anything else. I ran up stairs and grabbed a banana and granola bar. My Aunt was sitting in the car, I hopped in at looked at the clock 7:21 right on time. We drove at normal speed and got to school right on time. Today is the day I'm meeting with Luke after school. It gave me  a headache just thinking about it.

I walked into my first class still eating the banana. The teach told me to throw the rest away. Ugg. I sat down next to Michael and he gave me a smile. I smiled back. Class was boreing as math usually is. I can't wait till lunch.  I went to Science then Social studies and after Music. Soon it was  lunch time. I hope that Jessica and her goons will leave me alone.

I went to the lunch line then looked on my phone. I felt hands grab onto my eyes. I only saw dark. I started breathing heavily and almost hyperventilating.

"Guess who" a deep voice said.

"Oh my god Ashton you scared the shit out of me" I said slapping his hand lightly. I turned around to see a smiling Ashton.

"You didn't reply to me yesterday" he said.

"Well I was busy" I replied.

He looked like he was going to say something else but then Jessica came up.

"You are so lucky your friends with so many guys slut" she spat at me.

"Hey can you back off" I said.

"You such a whore Alex" she pushed me back. 

It took every once of strength not to punch her in the face.  I saw Ashtons face was heating up.

"What makes you think that you can say things like that, just because you have no self respect doesn't mean you can be so fucking rude" Ashton said getting closer to her face.

"Ashton..." I said.

"No it's not okay, you stay away from her or else" Ashton said pulling me out of  lunch line and dragging me into the court yard.

"Sorry about that" Ashton said still holding on to my wrist but dragging me towards Michael,  Calum,  and Luke.

"Ashton your kind of hurting me" I said.

He stopped dead in his tracks, looking back at me then down at my arms.

"Alex please don't tell me you..." Ashton said.

"It's okay" I said walking past him to the place we're everyone else was sitting. Ashton was still looking at my arms. So I folded them across my chest.

"Are we still on for tonight" Luke asked me when I sat down.

"Ya I said" flashing him a fake smile.

"Are you okay" Ashton blurted out.

"Ya at the moment" I said to him. Then lunch was over. I had PT next so I would have to sit through that awkwardness.

All of walked in to the gym together. I realized that all of them were alot taller than I was. 

"Hey Ashton seem pretty concerned about you" Luke said.

"Ya he saw my arms" I said nervously.

"Oh no" Luke said putting his arms on his head. "Ashton has delt with depression for years and he gets really worked up when he see anyone hurt, it's a really touchy subject for him"

"Oh god..." I said "what does that mean"

"I have no clue" Luke said.