Chapter 29. Kates POV

The girl on the picture above is Kate btw. But feel free to imagine what you think she looks like.

It started about a year ago. The year that would go down in my year book as the year from hell.

The further simplify, it's was actually awful.

I had two best friends. Two people I was so extremely close with it was kind of scary.

One of them, Alex, started going through a depression. It wasn't a normal depression, because the person she was suffering from didn't leave.

Alex kept her relationship details away from us. Mainly because she didn't exactly know what they were.

Trying to see Alex was so hard. Seeing her go from a nice,friendly,happy girl to a depressed lonely girl. I couldn't even imagine what she was going through.

It was in that same year, the same mouth that my dad left me and my mom.

He didn't say goodbye, the idiot left a note. It was the most ridiculous letter I have ever read.

The summary would be: "Hey sweetheart! I left for a stripper because she's prettier than the woman I'm married to. Please don't be mad at me even though your never going to see me again because I'm having a new kid! No need to thank me, see you later!"

It was a huge fuck you in the face.

So it's just me and mom.

Before I knew it Alex had gotten really bad. She was making things up in her mind. She was infecting everyone around her, you couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor girl. She had been hurt and left by a guy who she loved.

I've never exactly had a proper boyfriend. Guys have liked me before but I never wanted a relationship. I did have one relationship, one, and then we broke up. And that was it for me.

Alex eventually ended up having to move to Australia because her parents thought she needed "a change." I thought it was stupid. Taking her away from her friends was probably the worst idea possible.

Sophia and I took it horribly. Of course we were still close, it's just never felt the same without her.

After what felt like years me and Sophias parents said we could go visit Alex.

It's was awesome.

After the neverending flight, we made it to Australia! Sophia and I were frightened but so excited.

"Do you think she remembers us" I asked Sophia

"Well ya, she a mental breakdown not a mental loss of stuff" Sophia rolled her eyes.

As if the answer was sooo clear. But that what I love about Sophia.

When we walked into the airport I didn't even recognize Alex when she came up to us. She had never looked better. She was happier.

I felt a huge weight lift of my shoulders.

●~●~●~●~

We were watching a horror movie when there was a knock at the door. I wasn't very scared but come on, that seems almost planed.

Sophia being who she is just willingly went up stairs.

She was acting without reason. So of course me and Alex followed. May I just say it was a great choice.

That's when I met Ashton. He had light brown hair and green eyes. He was really well built. I mean wow. Ashton was gorgeous.

After we were scared by all of the boys, Ashton, Michael, Calum, and Luke, we decided to watch a movie.

Sophia sat next to Michael, they looked really cute together. Even if they weren't dating. I sat next to Ashton, I knew we were going to be friends by the way we carry ourselfs. Very dominant. Alex sat next to Calum and Luke and kinda glared at me.

She was alway weird whenever I talked about Ashton. I didn't even realize I did it a lot. Alex told me that Ashton confessed his love to her, then she said something about her never getting anyone because I get everyone.Which really made no since because first, how was I supposed to know anything about it, second a lot of guys were in love with her. Like really in love.

Soon enough Sophia and I got permission to move to Australia for the rest of school, of course going back every holiday. It was a great break for my mom. She got to focus on her dream, helping other people.

We were starting school soon, I was extremely nervous. I wondered about Ashton, and if he was going to be there.

~●~●~●~

After being in school for three weeks I haven't really said anything about Ashton. I knew he liked me and I liked him, the only problem is both of us didn't want to hurt Alex.

Luke had developed a huge crush on her but she couldn't see it. Calum also liked her. She was being a bit oblivious.

One day I was with Sophia, watching some weird ass anime thing when Ashton barged into the house. He told Sophia to leave and then he started talking about me. About how he really liked me and how he was going to talk to Alex. The entire thing was really reassuring. It was something. And again just like it was planned Alex walked in right when Ashton said that he loved me. We didn't know what to do, I could tell she was hurt. I just wanted to go over and hug her, tell her once again I was sorry for fucking up. Ashton said he was going to talk to her, which didn't help. Alex went and locked herself in her room.

"What the hell did you do to Alex!" Sophia shouted at Ashton

"Hey I was going to tell her what was going on I didn't want this to happen" Ashton pleated.

"Kate are you stupid, did you not at least text Alex?" Sophia said

"I'm sorry, I don't know what to do" I said sitting down.

"She can't handle this right now dude" Sophia told me.

"What?" Ashton asked.

"Oh shut up you have no right" Sophia said pointing at Ashton.

The Alex came up. She looked at all of us, didn't say a word then left.

I waited for her all night, she didn't show up. My phone buzzed.

From Alex:

Am I crazy.

I quickly typed back no.

From Alex:

I'll talk to you tomorrow, I think I just had a melt down. I'm safe just in case you felt like knowing.

Okay I miss you, I sent.

I was so confused.

I felt so horrible. Why did I have to like Ashton when my best friend likes him. Why couldn't I have waited until she was okay. Why did I have to be so so stupid.