Chapter 25.

Avoiding Ashton was in perfect words awful. He continuity tried to talk to me even if I just never replied to what he was saying. None of it involved us being together. He still didn't know what he wanted which was okay, but I could just sit there and act helpless.

Kate and Sophia extended there trip and may being going to school here next year because they enjoyed it so much.

I needed to talk to Kate alone, I needed to know how she felt. I walked into the ro she would most likely be in. The kitchen. She didn't obsess over food, she just like the feeling of being in a kitchen. I was right she was sitting on her phone next to Sophia.

"Hey Sophia, I was wondering if I could talk to Kate in private" I said biting my lip.

Kate was still on her phone. She looked perfect today like every other day. As did Sophia. Great way to raise my self esteem.

"Oh ya sure, is everything okay?" Sophia questioned.

"I'm not sure" I said, this got Kates attention.

After Sophia left I locked the main door leading into the living room.

"So how are you and Ashton..." I asked

"He's super cute, we've been talking since the sleepover" Kate said

I felt like someone just pushed me into a bush.

"Do you like him?" I said

"Well I mean ya" Kate said "I thought I made that clear hahaha"

I didn't laugh.

"Hey what's up?" Kate asked.

"It's just Ashton said that he really liked me...." I said "and I was starting to feel the same way before the sleepover, I mean we hadn't made anything official but he confessed his love to me in the middle of the night so..."

I was kind of bragging now.

"Well how was I supposed to know Alex! I don't intentionally try to hurt you, you know that right?!" Kate shouted

"You know what I don't even care anymore, you can have him like you have everything other fucking guy I like!" I shouted back.

I immediately regretted it.

"What are you talking about you idiotic psycho bitch" Kate said.

Oh that really hurt. And she saw.

"Oh Alex I didn't mean it like that your not messed up it was just in the moment, I wasn't thinking" Kate said

"There's always some truth even when you say 'just kidding'," I said looking at the floor.

I didn't want a boy to come between us, but it looked like it was a conversation that needed to happen.

"You can say you think I'm crazy, because I'm starting to feel like it" I said starring at Kate.

"I tell you the truth, I thought I list one of my close friends back then Alex, I worried about you constantly" Kate said "It's unlike you to like guys quickly, I didn't know"

"Kate you do realize every guy I have had a crush on had liked you or Sophia, they get close to me, so they can get close to you" I said "I had one guy who I thought liked me, then he died, I'm not you, I don't and can't get every guy"

"What are you talking about?" Kate said.

"Think about, and I'll ask you when I get back, I be back an hour" I said leaving the house.

I knew were I was heading.

To Ashton Irwin's house.

When I got there I heard a lot of loud screaming and crashing.

What's going on

I stood in front of his house for a solid 5 minutes, deciding whether or not to go in. I went with my gut and opened the door.

The screaming was coming from up stairs. It was to guys.

Ashton.... and someone I didn't recognize.

I was standing in the doorway when an older man walked out of Ashtons room, down the stairs and out the back door. He didn't notice me what so ever.

I was scared to go into Ashtons room, not sure of what I would find.

When I opened the door I saw an Ashton on the floor covered in dark bruises. What the hell happend.

"Alex?" Ashton groaned quietly.

"Ashton, what happened" I said lifting him up on the bed.

"Nothing just my dad..." Ashton said

"Ashton your dad hits you?" I said in a concerned voice.

"Yeah its not a big deal" Ashton said

"Uh ya it is, do you know why, if you wanna awnser" I said trying not to put pressure on him.

"My mother passed away when I was younger, my dad didn't take it well so that's when he started. Mostly with me but with my siblings too. He works late so I don't see him often, but whenever I do I know I'm getting hit " Ashton said.

"That's horrible, I'm really sorry." I wrapped my arms around him. As hard as it tried to stay mad at this guy, it never worked.

Ashton then started crying.

"It just sucks you know, not really having any one to talk to. Living in a constant fear of a lot of stuff" he said

"Yeah trust me I know, am on so many pills to help reduce my anxiety, I'm here if you ever want to talk sweet" I said

"I am really glad I met you Alex, thank you so much for being in my life" he said pulling me a lot closer to him.

Before we both knew if we fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of my phone, it was a text from Kate.

From Katy Poo:

Hey we need to talk, I'm sorry. Get here as soon as possible were worried.

It was really late at night. I texted Kate asking if she could pick me up, to which she replied yes.

I hadn't yet escaped Ashtons protective, tight grip around my waist. But I managed to get out with out him waking up. I left him a note telling him were I was going.

When Kate picked me up I was really fucking hungry. Sophia was in the car and suggested Taco Bell. Which sounded like a great way to end the night.