Sugawara Koushi ending

A good chunk of this fic is endings
__________________________________

Sugawara was very confident in how he felt towards you, and was sure that you felt the same way. When he woke up on this morning, he decided that today was the day he'd finally confess to you.

During school, he bided his time, trying to think of every possible scenario, and the best way to tell you how he really felt about you. Just like that, the day had gone by, and he found himself sitting outside the school, waiting for you. You soon met up with him, and sighed loudly.

"Playing matchmaker is hard! I was finally able to set [character] up with [other character]! I'm very confident that they'll last,"

The two of you started to walk to your house, where he'd be spending the night,
"I trust your judgement (f/n),"

You hummed in response, and you both walked in comfortable silence.

You twisted the key and opened the door, taking off your shoes before you walked in the house.

"We're here!"

Sugawara followed suit, trailing behind you to the couch which you slumped yourself onto.

"I'm gonna take a quick nap, then I'll start on dinner,"

He nodded his head in silence as he watched you doze off, wondering how you were able to sleep so easily. Being an opportunist, he used these moments to examine your face, taking in your features. Your beautiful face entranced him, making him panic when you finally woke up. You gave him a quick smile before walking to the kitchen.

"We're having [soup type] for dinner,"

"Sounds good!"

He waited in the living room, hearing the faint noises of your soup creating coming from the kitchen. He tried to remain patient, but something must have come over him, because he walked straight to the kitchen.

"Oh hey there Koushi! Want to taste test?"

You poured ladle of the soup into a small shallow bowl, holding it up to his face. He blew on it a few times before consuming it, and when he did, he felt amazing. The hot soup warmed up his whole body, and somehow gave him a sense of nostalgia.

"Wow! This is... amazing! What's your secret?"

You gave him a wink,
"Love!"

You both stared at each other for a moment before you laughed at how corny you were being.

"But for real, the secret is [YOU CHOOSE THE SECRET]"

You both sat down at the table, soups in front of the both of you.

"Hey (f/n)?"

"Yeah?"

He drank a spoonful of the soup,
"How many people have you setup so far?"

You thought to yourself while drinking some water,
"Hmmm, I think everyone on our team... but I haven't found a match for you yet..."

Sugawara decided to shoot his shot,
"Well, you don't need to worry about me, I've already got someone in mind,"

You looked deep into his eyes, almost making him want to back down.
"Really? Who?"

He took a deep breath before speaking,
"You,"

...

The silence was deafening, and suddenly all of his confidence washed away like a sandcastle too close to the shore.

He was about to apologize before he looked at you. There you were, the same as ever, giving him a smile he'd never seen before. Something about it was different from the rest. Was it... love? Who knows, maybe the soup was just that good, but it didn't matter to the two of you in that moment.

"I'm interested in you too Koushi, I'm glad you told me,"

He felt fireworks go off in every part of his body, but he didn't let it show.

"I'm happy you feel the same way (f/n),"

The two of you finished your meal, and spent the rest of the night snuggled up on the couch, going on a movie marathon until Sugawara inevitably fell asleep.

You chuckled softly to yourself, lifting him up with your situational strength, and laying him down on your bed. When you got in, he scooted closer to you, and the two of you wrapped each other into a warm hug.

You gave him a kiss on the forehead, and fell asleep as well.
__________________________________

THIS IS THE LAST FULL ENDING (probably?) THE OTHER ONES ARE GONNA BE FAST CUZ IDK WHAT TO DO