149 - Article

Date: June 8, 2017

Sexy Ian Somerhalder splits from Nikki Reed

Yay, he's single!

The hot actor has split from his girlfriend of two years, tweeting 'when someone leaves, it's because someone else is about to arrive'. Many fans believe that this is Ian Somerhalder's way of confessing his still-there feelings towards ex-girlfriend and co-star, Alyssa-Rose Williams.

They've been dating for two years, but Nikki Reed and Ian Somerhalder won't be having sexy half-vampire babies any time soon. They have even gone as far as to unfollow eachother on Instagram.

Uh-oh, we sense some awkward tension.

Although there's a nine year age gap - Ian is 38 and Nikki is 29 - the pair got together back in 2015.

According to a new Celeb Dirty Laundry report, the couple has been constantly fighting, and their pals now believe rushing into a relationship was a bad idea.

After Somerhalder and Reed got together two years ago, it looks like the pair isn't on the same page when it comes to taking the next step and moving in together.

It remains to be seen if there is any truth to these claims, but Reed's desire to have babies is well-recorded. However, Somerhalder has been putting off making baby plans, and that is unknown why.

"They're arguing a lot. Somerhalder is ambitious and worries about derailing his career if Reed gets pregnant with his child now, as well as him being confused and conflicted with his clear mixed feelings over Alyssa-Rose Williams," an OK! Magazine insider said, according to CDL.

Rumours have been swirling around of Reed's insecurity regarding Somerhalder's alleged closeness to his former lover, Alyssa-Rose Williams, whom he dated for about five months before calling it quits in 2014. Reed had been allegedly pushing her husband to leave 'The Vampire Diaries' before the show's finale so that his name would no longer be linked to Williams'.

Well, look where that got you, Nikki! It drove Ian away from you completely!