116 - In Real Life

Date: May 7, 2015

Tossing her first empty beer bottle carelessly aside, Alyssa reached for her second one. She was sober, and it would take at least four more bottles to get her drunk. She needed to be drunk.

"Al? Are you home?" A familiar female voice was heard, followed by multiple knocks on the door. "I know you're here, I can hear you. Come on, Alyssa, open up."

So, with a roll of her eyes, Alyssa stood up and approached her front door, swinging it open to reveal Nina.

"Are you the fun police?" Alyssa murmured, walking back to her couch with her beer bottle. Nina watched her with concern, closing the front door behind her and walking to sit opposite of Alyssa.

"What happened? You never drink at home without a good enough reason."

"What did you expect, Neens?" Alyssa took a large gulp of the bitter liquid. "I'm right back where I started!"

"What do you mean?" Nina asked as she crouched down in front of Alyssa, placing a comforting hand on the latter's thigh. "How are you right back where you started?"

"Everyone's moving forward! Daniel and Kristen are together and happy, Candice and Joseph just got engaged, and I am here, alone and single, just with this bottle of beer to keep me company!" Alyssa exclaimed, waving the beet bottle around for emphasis. "So, if you don't mind, could you please leave me to my thoughts?"

"Hey... Al! Hey." Nina stood up to sit beside Alyssa, strangely close. "You're not alone."

"I'm not together either." Alyssa shot back, the alcohol affecting her words to the point where they barely made sense.

"Come on! You're smart, gorgeous, witty, and just incredible. So, if a guy can't see that, then I think that you don't deserve any of them." Nina told softly. Alyssa sent her a small smile.

"Really? But then, if all of the guys don't deserve me, who else is there? I don't want to be single forever."

"There are more genders out there than just male..." Nina whispered quietly. Alyssa glanced at her in confusion, but as soon as their eyes met, Nina moved forward and kissed Alyssa softly, her eyes fluttering closed. Alyssa was frozen, eyes wide, unresponsive as she just allowed Nina to kiss her, but she was in way too much shock to reciprocate the kiss.

As soon as Nina pulled away, Alyssa decided to speak up first.

"I... I didn't know that you liked girls like that."

"There's a lot that you don't know about me." Nina smiled. "But I want you to know more."

"What do you mean?" Alyssa asked quietly.

"I like you, Alyssa." Nina confessed, shocking Alyssa once again. "I like you a lot... and I'm just praying that... you like girls the same way that I do. Or... you like me the same way that I like you..."

"Nina--"

"I'm not going to make you choose right now, nor will I ever let this ruin our friendship. I just hope that maybe... playing twin sisters on-set was able to bring out the complete opposite relationship between us off-set. We've known eachother for six years, Al, and these feelings are ones that I've held for you for at least half of that... even when I was dating Ian. Even when you were dating Ian." Nina explained. "So, I hope that my feelings aren't just one-sided. I want to be with you... have a future with you."

So, Alyssa was left with a challenging, and very confusing, decision to make.