96 - In Real Life

Date: September 13, 2014

It was the day of her concert. Alyssa bustled around the place, throwing things into her handbag as she went.

"I'm late! Gosh, I'm so late!" She panicked, frantically entering the living room to look under the couch. Not finding what she was looking for, she huffed in annoyance. "Ian, have you seen--"

"--these?" Ian strolled into the room a smirk that rivalled Damon Salvatore's, holding up Alyssa's favourite pair of Armani sunglasses.

"Yes!" She sighed in relief, walking over. "Thank you!" But as Alyssa went to grab them, Ian held them up higher out of her reach. "Ian! Seriously, I'm very late."

"You are not going anywhere without a kiss." Ian told with a playful pout, still holding the sunglasses over his head.

"But--"

"A kiss, baby, or the sunglasses get it."

"No! Not the sunglasses!" Alyssa complained dramatically, and Ian chuckled at how adorable she looked.

"Do we have a deal?"

"I can never say no to you, Smolderhalder." Alyssa finally gave in, giggling as she stood on her tip toes to reach Ian, pressing her lips to his. But as she went to pull away, he pulled her back, deepening the kiss. "Ian..."

"No."

"But bub--"

"No."

"I have a concert to attend."

"It can wait."

"It really can't." Alyssa laughed, finally pulling away enough to part their lips completely, but still remained with her arms around his neck and his around her waist. "Do you promise to be in the front row?"

"Do you promise that I'll hear at least one song about me?" Damon shot back jokingly.

"You'll have to wait and find out." Alyssa winked, before stepping back and snatching the sunglasses out of her loving boyfriend's hand, sliding them up into her hair. "Now, I have hair and makeup in forty five minutes, I will get changed in my dressing room after that's finished, and I'll be onstage in the next two hours... hopefully. Okay, gotta go! I love you!"

"I love you, too, baby. I'll be there as soon as I answer this business call, okay? I'll be right behind you." Ian promised, gently kissing Alyssa's cheek.

"You better." And with that, Alyssa slid on her white leather jacket and pulled her sunglasses out of her hair and over her eyes. "See you soon!"

"Soon." Ian smiled, and moments later, Alyssa had rushed out of the door.

---

Sat in the back of the black car as her chauffeur navigated the way to the Chastain Park Amphitheater, where the concert was to be held, Alyssa relaxed in the back seat as she scrolled through social media. Most of her feed was just friends, family, and family friends all wishing her good luck with her first official concert, and 60% of them promised to show up for support.

Smiling to herself, Alyssa switched to the next open app on her phone, which just happened to be Spotify. She grabbed her headphones, plugging them in and pulling down the small soundproof window that seperated her and the chauffeur so she wouldn't distract him with her singing. Because, as Alyssa clicked on her own playlist on Spotify, listening to her songs, she began to do vocal exercises. She even sang parts of her songs that she sometimes struggled with, and she was 90% confident that the night would turn out amazing.

"Nate?" Alyssa knocked on the window before yanking it back up. The chauffeur glanced at her through the rear-view mirror.

"Yes, miss Williams?"