57 - Instagram Live

Date: September 16, 2013

Alyssa's Instagram live

5 minutes into it

Alyssa-Thank you for the fifteen thousand views, guys! Lots of love. And I am sorry, but I will not be reading any comments today. This is just for a sort of announcement, I guess. I'm just waiting for some of my friends to join. Oh, Ian and Candice are already on! Ooh, hey Justin! Is Kris with you? She's not? Oh, then where-- oh, there she is! And here Nina and Phoebe come! And Daniel and Cole! Hey, Seb!! Tom, Chris, Zendaya, other Chris... yay, we're bringing Marvel to the party! Paula, glad you could make it. Okay, we're getting somewhere!

*Alyssa takes a deep breath*

Alyssa-Okay... for those of you who are OGs and have been with me and my account since the beginning, then you should know that I don't do these lives unless my friends ask me to or I have important news. Well, this time, it's the latter. You see... three days ago, I got a call. It really messed me up. It was about the new trending girl, Penelope Rogers. I know a lot of you really want to know who is getting the role, so I am here to tell you and my friends that... I got it!

*many comments congratulating her*

Alyssa-Please don't get excited. I'm here to let you down... I've decided not to take the role.

*many comments asking 'why' and hate comments/insults*

Alyssa-Yes, I know that most of you were hoping to see me and Scarlett live out our on-screen love story in Marvel, but the studios wanted me to make a decision that would've changed my life. For the better or for the worse, I have no idea. But... they wanted me to move to New York under a contract for the next ten years, maybe more, of my life. Immediately, I was put under all of this pressure. I didn't know what to do, or say... I mean, my life is here! My friends, my family... but my friends, and my boyfriend, are in New York, waiting for me to put my whole life on hold to go there... I can't do that, I'm sorry. Marvel would really help me out with my popularity, and potential opportunities, and it would give me all the money I could ever need. But that has never been important to me.

*more hate comments*

Alyssa-I'm really sorry... I'm staying in Atlanta, I'm going to continue filming The Vampire Diaries, and I am going to enjoy my life! I am only twenty four, I still have so long to go and make spontaneous decisions on the spot! Believe me, this decision took a full three days before it was made. It's been keeping me up all night, if you couldn't already tell. But, like I said, I have a lifetime ahead of me! Maybe this decision isn't a good one, but I can always learn from it... however, right now... this decision is feeling pretty good.

*some supportive comments, more hate comments*

Alyssa-For those of you who are supportive of my decision, I love you all so much and hope that you can still watch me continue on my journey as Ariana Gilbert. For those of you who are... less supportive, then I really hope you understand that it is not your decision, it is mine. I've chosen to not take the role as Penelope Rogers, and you guys just need to suck it up and accept that. Thank you, goodbye.

~live has ended~