56

"Relax man, you're wearing out the floor." Mark mumbles watching Derek walk back and forth in the justice of the peace's office.

"I'm trying." He sighed "Its just.. its one of those moments."

"One of what moments?"

"You know, when you're so close to something its almost hard to believe its really happening and you're afraid something will happen and it all gets taken away."

"Derek." Mark chuckled "You think too much.. she's probably just going to make a grand entrance to take your breath away."

"I should have insisted that we all go together."

"Oh boy." Mark sighed "You need to learn and learn quickly that insisting things with women is a lost cause."

"Maybe." He sighed "I just don't like the waiting.. its almost time."

"They'll be here." Mark replied "They're just women.. they like to keep us on our toes, its their job."

"Right." Derek nodded..

"Sorry we're late." Addison gasped as she rushed through the doors "It took longer than I thought."

Derek looks at her relieved as she opens the door wider and his eyes settle on the beautiful angel walking through the door and feels his breath swept out of his lungs and his eyes sparkle as she smiles softly at him and walks into the room.

"Told ya." Mark whispers as he leans into him.. Derek smiles and nods unable to keep his eyes off Meredith..

"Hi." She smiles..

"Hhhhi." He chokes out with a huge grin spread across his face, "You look... beautiful."

"See... I got to wear a white dress after all." She smirks..

"Its perfect." He grins..

"Are we all here now?" they hear and turn to see the judge walk into the small office..

"Yes." They all answer at once..

"Good." He smiles.. Mark takes his stand next to Derek as Addison stands next to Meredith, Mark gives her a flirty wink making her blush remembering their own wedding day as the judge starts the ceremony.

"The step which you are about to take is the most important into which human beings can come. It's a union of two people founded upon mutual respect and affection. Your lives will change, your responsibilities will increase, but your joy will be multiplied if you are sincere and earnest with your pledge to one another."

Derek slides his hands around Meredith and squeezes them tightly as he stares into her gorgeous green eyes and softly smiles feeling his chest swell..

"Derek, will you have this woman to be your wedded wife, to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, forsaking all others. Keep yourself only unto her, for so long as you both shall live?"

"I will." He smiles...

"Meredith, will you have this man to be your wedded husband, to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him. Forsaking all others, keeping yourself only unto him so long as you both shall live?"

"I will." She smiles back..

"Repeat after me please... I Derek take you Meredith to be my wedded wife."

"I Derek take you Meredith to be my wedded wife."

"To have and to hold for better or worse, for richer or poorer, to love and to cherish from this day forward."

"To have and to hold for better or worse." He smiles "For richer or poorer, to love and to cherish form this day forward."

"Meredith." The judge says.. she smiles and gives him a nod but not taking her eyes off Derek's "I Meredith take you Derek to be my wedded husband."

"I Meredith take you Derek to be my wedded husband." She says softly..

"To have and to hold, for better or worse. For richer or poorer, to love and to cherish from this day forward."

"To have and to hold, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, to love and to cherish from this day forward." She repeats feeling her voice start to shake with emotion..

"I assume you have rings?" he asks.. they both nod as Mark and Addison pull them out and hand them each other's ring..

"Meredith slide the ring on Derek's fourth finger on his left hand and repeat, with this ring I thee wed." Meredith smiled as she took Derek's left hand and slid the thick white gold band on his finger..

"With this ring, I thee wed."

"Derek." The judge replied "Take Meredith's left hand and as you place the ring on her fourth finger repeat, with this ring I thee wed." Derek smiled as he took her left hand and slid a thin white gold band fitting it perfectly against her engagement ring and smile..

"With this ring, I thee wed."

"Let these rings be given and received as a token of your affection, sincerity and fidelity to one another." The judge continues "In as much as Derek and Meredith have consented together in wedlock and have witnessed the same before this company and pledged their vows to each other, by the authority vested in me by the state of Washington.. I now pronounce that you are husband and wife." A grin spreads across both their faces as they look at each other with amazement "Derek, you may kiss your bride."

Derek smiles as he slides his hands to either side of her delicate face and leans in softly pressing his lips against hers taking her skin into his mouth and softly suckling enjoying the way it tastes as his tongue slowly slides into her mouth to mate with hers, lingering a while before pulling back and smiling into the eyes of his new wife.