47

Derek paced nervously in the hallway hoping that Meredith would take her usual time getting ready that morning.. he glanced back in his apartment and smiled still hearing the hair drying going in their bathroom.. he heard the door next door open and jumped back into the hallway startling his neighbor..

"Derek." Mark gasped "You scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry." He said with a grin.

"You look like you're up to something."

"Maybe." He grinned wider "But its something I need your help on."

"A partner in crime huh?" Mark asked skeptically however slightly intrigued "Well whatever it is make it fast I'm late for rounds."

"Right... well I don't want to keep you but I do need you to meet me at the docks around 6 tonight."

"The docks?" he frowns.

"Yes, and dress casual."

"The docks. Casual dress. Anything else?"

"Yes, if Meredith or anyone asks about any of this you're helping me study."

"Umm.. ok." He grumbles "You better have more for me at 6 Shep."

"I will I promise."

"See you at 6."

"See you at 6." Derek grinned..

He watched Mark walk off and smiled as he breathed in a deep breath of air and stepped back into the apartment just as Meredith was coming out of the bedroom looking fabulous as always, even in just a pair of blue jeans and maroon colored shirt..

"Who was at the door?" she asked..

"Oh.. just talking to Mark is all.. he's helping me study later so I might be home late tonight."

"Ok." She said with a shrug not needing to know much more.. another thing that he adored about her.. he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her tightly as he planted a deep lingering kiss on her lips.. she pulled back breathlessly and looked at him shell shocked "What was that for?"

"Because I love you." He smiled looking at her adoringly.. she giggled and shook her head..

"You look like you're up to something."

"Or maybe I just love you."

"Hmm.. well I love you too."

She smiled as she kissed him softly before grabbing her things and taking his hand taking off to class together.. she quickly forgot the look he had in his eyes.. his head however.. was reeling.