6

Derek sat at his desk... it had been two days since Meredith had started and he'd taken every opportunity to avoid her... he was knocked off his feet and taken by surprise at his own feelings for her...

Since he'd taken over the club he'd become an empty shell, he didn't have feelings for anything or anyone... he was surrounded by beautiful women but he didn't feel anything...

He spent his days in his office doing paperwork, making sure the schedule was running smoothly, helping Terry with the books when he had to be on the floor and any free time was spent lifting weights and doing push ups to get his mind off the pain his life was in... and his long lost dreams...

But since she graced him with her presence... he'd felt something inside of him wake up... and it wasn't something he wanted... he like being a bitter man, it made the pain less real for him...

However whenever he would see her or hear her giggle down the hall... he would feel himself start to smile... and he hated it... he hadn't even seen her on stage... he was somewhat hoping that she wouldn't be such a huge hit so he would have a good reason to send her packing...

He sighed as he leaned over on his desk and rubbed his tired eyes and she popped into his head again... his eys scanning her perfect body, his lips moving over her skin taking the taste of it onto his tongue as her slender fingers ran through his hair...

He felt a flutter in his chest and shook the thought from his head... he stood up knowing he had to go see what she was boasting about... try to find some imperfection in her... something to use to fire her... or NOT hire her...

He walked down the hallways hearing the music of the club booming against the walls of the upstairs and made his way towards the balcony that over looked the stage and restaurant type area where they served hors devours and alcoholic beverages to guests...

Terry was standing at the edge his arms folded across his chest as he scanned the club making sure his security guys were doing their job... he stood next to him crossing his arms as his eyes fell on the stage as he watched three women dancing and moving their bodies to the music in little to no clothing...

His eyes were drawn to one particular... her body moved flawlessly, she seemed to be the center of attention as Cookie and Dish moved around her...

"She's doing unbelievable." Terry commented... Derek made a noise but kept his eyes on her as if they were magnetized "She's boosted our revenue almost 50% and its only been 46 hours... you wouldn't believe the reaction she's gotten and the customers that are coming daily now."

Derek pressed his lips together and let out a gumbling groan noise and a heavy sigh...

"I'm going to have to hire her aren't I?" he asked...

"Yep." Terry replied...

Derek shook his head as he shifted a little and tightened his grip on his arms staring out at the figure on the stage and muttered under his breath...

"Damnit."