9

Derek looked out the window that night watching the city below him as the club was closing its business for the night.... He sighed as he walked over to his desk grabbing some papers and shoving them into his bag... he grabbed his keys and walked out of his office shutting off the light and locking the door...

He walked down the back stairs and out the side door of the club into the sidewalk below being met with the loud noise of the city... he was about to turn down the corner when something caught his eye.. he looked up doing a double take noticing a petite figure standing on the sidewalk fishing through her large purse for something...

He smiled to himself and hesitated.. knowing he should get home, it was past late and he had to be back early tomorrow... but his curiosity got the better of him and he turned back walking towards the figure...

"You know someone as tiny as you shouldn't be outside this late at night." He called out... she shot her head up from her concentration on her purse and looked surprised at him...

"And why would you say that?" she asked...

"Someone may sneak up on you." He replied...

"You mean someone like you?" she asked... he let out a chuckle "Oh you laugh... so you are human after all." She teased...

"Can I walk you home? Its not the greatest neighborhood." He said...

"Well I've been walking this neighborhood for 3 years, I'm a big girl." She said... his eyes fell a little with hidden disappointment "But, I wouldn't mind some company." She said with a smile...

"Me too." He smiled...

They turned down the side walk and started walking... she finally found what she was looking for and pulled a small white stick placing it between her lips and putting a lighter to it lighting it up...

She closed her eyes letting out a soft moaning noise as she took it out of her mouth blowing out the smoke... Derek frowned in disapproval...

"I don't know if you've heard what the surgeon general's been saying the past oh.. 30 years but... those things can kill you." He replied... she rolled her eyes as she took another puff...

"Everyone is going to die someday." She retorted... he sighed and shook his head as they walked further down the sidewalk...

"I have to say I was wrong about you." He said with a soft smile...

"You were?" she asked...

"Don't act like you're not surprised."

"Oh....ok." she smirked...

"I didn't think you would be able to do it, but I'd be lying if I said the club's turnaround wasn't because of you."

"Well I don't know if being a stripper is something to be proud of but I'll take the compliment." She replied...

"Then why do you do it?" he asked... she sucked in a deep breath and let it out slowly...

"It's a long, dark and twisty story that's best bottled up inside, but just so you know I didn't go to kindergarten, and when my teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up my answer wasnt stripper." She replied ... he shook his head and let out a hearty laugh, one that had been inside way too long...

"Oh I'll bet your mother would have loved that one." He chuckled.. she shook her head...

"So why are you doing this, I mean it doesn't seem to fit you." She asked...

His face fell and he suddenly became guarded as silence overcame him... this didn't come unnoticed by her..

"Oh... I see you have a dark and twisty story too... glad I'm not the only one."