55

Derek paced the living room floor glancing at his watch and waited for Meredith to emerge from the bathroom, annoyed a little but couldn't help and smile as butterflies filled his stomach at the excitement that day held. He was wearing a pair of black slacks and suit coat to match with a white button up shirt underneath and a black tie to finish it off. Nothing too fancy, it was a special day but they both agreed to keep it somewhat casual.

Meredith finally came out of the bathroom wearing a simple black dress with strappy heels and her hair flowing around her shoulders in soft curls

Meredith finally came out of the bathroom wearing a simple black dress with strappy heels and her hair flowing around her shoulders in soft curls.. he looked up at her and took his breath away.. he smiled at her as she walked over to him looking uncertain and nervous.

 he smiled at her as she walked over to him looking uncertain and nervous

"Do you think its bad that I'm wearing a black dress?" she asked..

"I think you look gorgeous." He smiled as he leaned in and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Ok, but black. I mean its all I had but its black."

"It is indeed black." He said not seeing the problem..

"We're getting married.. and I'm wearing black.. you don't think it'll be bad luck?" she asked nervously..

"You're not alone.. I'm wearing black too."

"I know but.. grooms.. well they're supposed to wear black.. brides.. not so much."

"Are you having second thoughts?" he asked nervously..

"No." she gasped shaking her head "No.. no.. definitely not.. just.. my dress.. its black."

"Your dress is black." He smiled as he took her hand "And we're getting married.. today. But I don't think that our luck has anything to do with the color of your dress." She looked at him, into his comforting eyes and realized it was silly and he was right as she let out a sigh..

"Ok." She smiled... he wrapped his arm around her slim waist and pulled her in for a lingering kiss, feeling his excitement start to tighten his waistline and moaned..

"We have time don't we."

"We don't." she giggled "Our appointment is in 45 minutes and it'll take 20 to get there.. so you'll have to wait until tonight."

Derek groaned as he followed her out the door.. they walked to the door next to theirs and smiled at each other as they knocked on it.. they were told that they didn't need their own witnesses, that someone in the courthouse could do it but Mark and Addison had been so wonderful friends to them over the last few years that they felt it would be special to include them in this day.

"Last chance." Mark grinned as he opened the door "After this there's no looking back."

"Thank you Mark." Meredith giggled as she turned and looked at Derek "But I don't think there will be any looking back."

"Definitely not." Derek grinned..

"Oh yay, you're here." They heard Addison gasp as she walked up to the door.. She reached out and grabbed Meredith pulling her into the apartment and pushed Mark out "Mark you and Derek go ahead.. we'll catch up."

"What?" Derek frowned..

"Just go with it." Mark chuckled "That's my only marriage advice Derek, when your wife tells you something just go with it."

Derek shook his head and chuckled as he and Mark headed down the hall.. Meredith looked at Addison confused as she shut the door and turned around..

"Now that they are gone." She squealed "We have to hurry."

"Hurry with what?" Meredith asked..

Addison grabbed her hand and pulled her into the bedroom and went over to the closet and reached to the back of it and pulled out a white plastic back.. she unzipped it and pulled a dress out that made Meredith gasp as she studied all the lace and satin on the beautiful gown..

"Oh my god Addison! You didn't."

"Not quite." Addison smiled knowing Meredith would have a hard time if she'd just bought her a gown no matter how much she thought she deserved one "It was my little sister's dress. She had a destination wedding in the Caribbean except it didn't happen because the morning of her wedding she ran off with the best man." Meredith looked at her taken back and shocked "It is such a gorgeous dress that I had to hang on to it, I didn't want it to go to waste, and she was your size."

"Addison." Meredith said shaking her head..

"Meredith." Addison smiles softly "I know that you're having a low key thing, and that you're perfectly beautiful in what you're wearing now.. but you are amazing, and you love Derek so much.. and I think that you deserve to wear white on your wedding day... I want to give you this dress, and I want you to put it on.. and I want you to hurry because we're running late."

"Oh Addison." Meredith gasped as she felt tears pooling in her eyes and walked over wrapping her arms around her dear friend "Thank you so much."

"But she ran away with the best man?" Meredith sniffled with a slight giggle "Its not bad luck?"

"You don't need luck honey." She smiled "You have Derek."

Meredith smiled and nodded before quickly changing with Addison's help.. she also pinned her hair up in a soft bun at the back of her neck loosely so that some of her strands were cascading down her neck..

Addison teared up as she looked at her friend and smiled as they hurried out the door.. Meredith felt her heart flutter thinking of what Derek's reaction would be...

Meredith's hair: