Chapter Twelve: Nesrin's Scheme

The Chrystal Isles
Nesrin's POV
I have saved every penny my father has ever given me. The plan was to travel on my own at some point in my life but now, something bigger is happening and I have to prevent it. If I don't do something, I'll be on the losing end. I have done something.

I looked up from the sink.

I splashed cold water on my face. I'm running up quite a fever. It's amazing how some bad sea food can go wrong. It's been me and the toilet for hours. Any time now my mother will start asking questions and I have mind blowing answers.

I left the bathroom looking like I'll pass out. I can hear them laughing in the kitchen. My father is leaving to go to Saine Neane where he has been assigned. The king is going to war with Cray Thera. He wants all his generals with him.

When he saw me, he frowned. "Daughter, are you well?"

I held my stomach. "I dint feel so good."

"What's wrong?" My mother asked me.

I pushed my long hair back. "Nothing is wrong. I wouldn't think of it as something wrong."

"What are you talking about Nesrin?" Mother dearest frowned at me.

"I am with child."

My bomb dropped and the effect, catastrophic. They all look like they will pass out from shock. I look pale, probably I'll. I have been throwing up and my mother knows. I purposely make sure she hears me in the morning.

"If this is a sick joke-"

"I assure you mother it's not. I had sex with Cree. I'm pregnant."

My father got up. He picked his bag and kissed his wife. He whispered something to her before he left quietly.

"I wish you would say you and Dargan couldn't wait for the wedding. I wish you would say that. But what is it about Cree that makes Dargan insignificant?" My mother questioned.

"I love Cree."

"Do you realize what you have done Nesrin?" She asked me.

"I ha e secured myself a future free from Dargan."

"You will not keep it!"

"I will keep it!"

"Nesrin you must be lying!" She screamed at me. "The midwife will come over to check you! I dint trust you one bit!"

Let the midwife come over. I have already paid her off to lie. This way, my father has no choice but to allow Cree to marry me. This way, I'm not longer eligible to be Dargan's bride. This is my final attempt and it better work.

"Go to your room!"

"Mother if you want to avoid shame, I suggest that you let me marry the father before it starts to show." I left them in the kitchen with a big smile on my face. My sister's haven't said anything. Dargan can have one of them. He will not have me.

King Dargan's POV
My father's body is arriving in a few minutes. It's a solemn day for us. I'm in between deciding whether to bury him immediately or to have a proper funeral after I burn Cray Thera to ashes. I think it would be better to Roger revenge before he gets any peace.

"I'm glad to see you out of bed just this once." I pressed a kiss on the side of my mother's head. She's been sad. It's like every day that goes by makes the reality of his death harder and much realer. She's not her vibrant self, just dull with pain.

I can't allow myself to feel anything. I can't afford to. I want to power through and be as strong as I need to be until I don't have to be anymore. That is when I'll allow myself to feel and mourn my father.