Chapter Five: Quick Marriage?

Chrystal Isles
Cree's POV
The queen's offer has been one of the two things in my mind. We often find ourselves with decisions every other day. There's always a consequence in what we choose and what we don't. My choices are between a comfortable life for my family or love that results to me being an obstacle that can be removed.

I know better than to challenge the crown but at times, the heart wants what it wants.

She came running to me dressed in her uniform. She's completing her year of Compulsory Military Service. She wants to pursue a career in the military. She wants to move to Ebrium and join the Iron Army. We have heard much about it. I hugged her tightly before we settled in the warmth of the old car.

"What's wrong? Was the date with the queen that bad?"

I won't burden Nesrin with the options I was given. I'll only tell her what I have decided. I took her hand into mine.

"I love you very much." I told her. It's tbe first time I'm saying it and I should have done so on a candle lit dinner at the best restaurant in the Chrystal Isles but I can't afford the water that restaurant sells.

Her eyes grew wide. "You l-love me?"

"Yes Nessie. I love you. Do you love me?"

"Well... I like you very much. I don't wish to... f-force... I mean rush things but I really like you!"

It's not what I want to hear. "Could it be love?"

"Possibly." She whispered.

"Good... That's good because I told the queen no. I told her I'm not leaving you."

She squeezed my hand. "Really? Can I kiss you?"

"No fraternizing in uniform-"

"Screw them!" She got on my lap and kissed me as hard as she usually does. I can tell she's passionate. I can tell she craves for something more between us. I want it too. My hands roamed greedily over her dainty body.

"Nessie, the glass houses. Let's get married there!" I suggested.

"Elope?"

"No. I'm doing it right. I'll ask your father and we can marry as soon as possible so that the queen can't separate us!"

Someone tapped the window and earned both of our attention. I don't need to see his face to know who he is. The distinct uniform makes it's own introduction. Nesrin's face is pale.

When I unlocked the door, he offered his hand obviously for her. When I wanted to follow he closed it and he began addressing his daughter. He pushed her into the arms of two soldiers and they dragged him away. He then opened my door.

I stepped out to face his displeased expression.

"General Vanden-"

"My daughter is off limits. The next time I see you with her, no one will ever find your body. Do you understand me boy?"

I want to salute him and say yes sir!

"I... I'm sorry but no. My answer is no." I held my ground jist as I did with the queen. "I love your daughter General Vanden. I love Nesrin and I won't be separated from her. Not by you and not by the Queen."

He grabbed me and drove me into the freezing exterior of my car. His eyes turned deathly. "Listen carefully boy. Nesrin is meant to accomplish something higher than you. Stop getting in the way. If I have to warn you again..." He didn't finish. He walked away.

Why do I have a feeling that this love will cost me everything?

Cray Thera
Queen Everleigh's POV
"Are you reading?" I frowned at the man looking at a thick book.