Chapter Three: Spoken For

The Chrystal Isles
Queen Everleigh's POV
"Your majesty! Your majesty I apologize! I didn't know it was you."

"Are you implying that respect is only offered to those high up in society? Does it have to be my title that gets your respect Mrs Vanden?"

"That's not what I mean your majesty."

I tapped my nails on the aged wood handle of the armchair. I turned my attention to the two girls. "Shamim and Leila, you will have your turn with the matchmaker after I meet Nesrin." I turned slowly, tilting my head slightly at Mrs Vanden. "Is that clear?"

"Yes your majesty. But there's something... there's one problem. Nesrin isn't here."

"Where is she?"

"I honestly don't know."

I beckoned over the head of my security. "There was a young girl lurking around on the property when we arrived. She couldn't have gotten far. Search for her and bring her to me. I also want this house thorough searched, every door open in case she's in here somewhere. I must meet Nesrin."

"Yes your majesty!" He gave the orders for Nesrin to be searched for. I took the cup of tea offered to me earlier with intention of properly enjoying it. Rehan says that when I have an agenda, I see it through to the end. I believe it to be right.

"Why don't you sit down? Have some tea!" I smiled at them. "No one is in trouble."

They awkwardly sat together in one sofa with their mother in between them. They are closely hurdled together like farm animals on a cold night. They are no longer making eye contact. It was necessary for me to reveal myself so that I can get my way. Mrs Vanden intended to dismiss the existence of her oldest daughter. Beatrice would have been bullied by Mrs Vanden. Thank goodness no one bullies me. It tends to bring our the demons in me that I work so hard to soothe. Next to Rehan I'm the bad one. My husband, the king, is just a big soft fuzzy man. He can't harm anyone unless you really get in his last nerve and he will still give fair warning. I don't care for fair warning. I just act.

I glanced at my wrist watch. It's past noon. I would prefer to be on my way by 2pm at the latest. I'm hosting guests for dinner. I hope Dargan will be graceful enough to share his presence with us.

My eyes settled on Shamim. "Any interests dear?"

She looked at her mother as though requesting permission to answer. I think she has a leash around their necks. Should one of them marry the prince, Mrs Vanden will be calling the shots all the way from the Chrystal Isles. I had an equally controlling mother. She insisted on meddling in my affairs. I had to cease all communication to teach her that I have a mind if my own and I love to use it. That is why I want to meet Nesrin. I have a feeling she is someone with her own voice. Mrs Vanden nodded.

"I love quilting." Shamim answered.

I chuckled. "Who loves quilting? It's annoying!" The girl gromaced. "Come on! Be practical. I love old movies. A good day for me is watching old movies all day and doing absolutely nothing."

She looks puzzled. I don't think this girl has any fun hobbies. It's only want she had been told is necessary for her to do so that she seems like a perfect lady. I was about to turn to Leila when my bodyguard returned carrying someone over his shoulder.

"I apologize your majesty but she was resistant to meeting you." He set her down.

Now this is exactly what am looking for! Someone who will jolt life into Dargan and not bore him to death with being prim and perfect. I smiled at the confused young woman with wild wide eyes and very unruly hair that doesn't look like it has enjoyed the luxury of a comb in ages! She's filthy! I purposely turned my attention to her mother whose face is so horrified that I can't help but smile.