Chapter Ten: A Coronation

The Chrystal Isles
Nesrin's POV
Chea Niva is in turmoil. There was an uprising in Cray Thera and the rumour is, all the Kaelans are dead. My mind can't help but wonder if it means the prince is dead too. A selfish part of me is relieved because there will he no wedding. He won't come around asking for my hand. Thank goodness!

I can't help but smile in a house full of people saddened over what is happening in Cray Thera. They are behaving like we are members of the House of Kaelan. I think that to some extent they had started thinking of themselves as Kaelan relatives. I'm so happy that I never got to be part of that family. What happened in Cray Thera is brutal.

My father has been gone since news that there was an uprising in Cray Thera. He is back now and we all want to know what is happening.

"Not to mention the political climate in the Chrystal Isles is still delicate. If a new family takes the throne, where do we fit in?" My mother asked.

"In Daa Haan. Dint you come from there mother?" I asked.

"I'm married to the Chrystal Isles now."

"No, you're not married to this icy hell. You are married to a man who is able to move around." I told her.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "You'll go back to the confinement of your bedroom!"

"I'm sorry." I smiled at her. "I can't help my blunt tongue."

"I don't think the House of Adair will make for good rulership." Shamim mentioned. "Although Richard Adair is very good looking."

"In a dark way." Leila added.

"Dargan is also dark." I added. "Much darker. I'm relieved he's dead."

Gasps spread among them. "That is a cruel thing to say!" My mother reprimanded me.

"55 other Kaelans have been massacred. I don't hear any of you mourning their deaths. You are only concerned about Dargan because he would have married from this family." I shot at them.

"Well daughter, I'm sorry to disappoint you but the prince us alive and well." My father kissed the top of my head. "He made it to Carperia and he's getting coronated tomorrow. I have been invited."

"Can we come?" Leila asked. "I have never been to Carperia!"

"I have also never been to Carperia! I hear it's a luxurious city!   Can we come papa? Please?" Shamim pleaded.

"I wish I could take one of you but it's not a social visit. "

"Why not? Coronations are a party. We will all get at least one chance to attend one coronation in a lifetime." Shamim continued.

My father took his seat with a grim expression on his face. "The king wasn't just murdered. The king was murdered by his own security. The Royal Guard helped on the massacre of the House of Kaelan. The king's throat was cut and he was beheaded. His headless body was dragged around the city by a horse."

If he puts it that way,then i can't help but wonder how the prince must feel. I held my own neck. The mood had seriously dampened in here. Now I feel bad for what I thought earlier. If he survived this then he must be emotionally scarred.

"And how is the prince?" I asked.

"I thought you were glad he is suffering." Shamim shot at me.

"I was relieved there will be no marriage proposal. Note the difference."

"Girls, enough. We should have a moment of silence for the royal family. I can't imagine the pain they are feeling. I will send a letter and a card to Queen Everleigh." My mother looked at her husband. "You can take it to Carperia?"