65

Florence POV

The whole evening i've had to watch how they laugh together, how they whisper things in eachothers ears, hear their giggles, inside jokes, talks, everything. I've had to watch how she touches madeline and it makes me angry and jealous. I know i don't have the right to be mad or jealous because we never discussed the thing we have all we said was 'we'll see where this goes'. So technically i don't have a reason and it's true i don't. The thing is i'm starting to like madeline more and more and i'm getting a bit selfish because i want her to want me to.

When she goes to the kitchen it's the perfect time for me to talk to her so i follow her. As she's opening her bottle i just say the first thing that comes in my mind.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I ask her and she jumps. "God flo don't do that you scared me" she says and i can't control my anger at the moment " you didn't answer my question madeline" i tell her and she looks a bit confused "uhmm i'm drinking water?" She says, more like asking. "I don't mean now i meant out there with her" i say and she looks at me like i have two heads or something. "I don't understand what you mean. We're all playing games out there" she says and i sigh and walk closer until i'm directly in front of her "you know i don't mean that. I'm talking about all the laughing, the whispering, the giggling, the touching. It's making me crazy!" I tell her and she looks into my eyes and starts laughing.

I'm confused, why would she be laughing at that. She shakes her head and wraps her arms around my neck, and as if it's an instinct mine find their way around her waist. "Flossie look, i'll tell you this one time so listen carefully okay?" She asks and i just nod "jade is my best friend for as long as i can remember, mason came in my life just a year after jade did so also very long ago. Both of them are friends of mine nothing more. The whispering is about jackson's drawing and how he didn't get better over the years. The laughing and giggling is about some memories from back in oxford and lastly the touching" she says and at the last she moves her face closer so her lips are ghosting over mine. "The touching is for my anxiety and because my love language is touch. She touches my thighs but we're nothing more than friends, never have been and never will be, because we're seeing where this goes. Right?" She ends and before another word can be spoken i crash my lips against hers.

All the built up anger and jealousy from previously leaves my body instantly as our lips touch, molding perfectly together in a much wanted and needed kiss. The butterflies filling my belly once again, and a happy feeling inside of me. We break the kiss once air is needed and ret our foreheads together for a moment. "We should go back before they come looking for us" ahe whispers and i humm in agreement. Neither of us making a movement, trying to enjoy the moment for a bit longer. Giving her another quick kiss before speaking up "i'll tell them you went to the bathroom and i'll see you there" i tell her and i leave fast, afraid of ruining anything with my feelings because they're coming way to quickly. And it scares the living shit out of me.

Madeline POV

I didn't know how much i missed feeling her lips on mine until they met in a perfect kiss. I didn't want this moment to end but i knew it had to and it did. She left the kitchen and i was left alone with my toughts and feelings. When i'm with her everything just feels right and there might be some butterflies in there but i'm not completely sure if it's more than that yet. I'm sure i'll figure it out, one way or another.

About a minute later i went back into the living room and saw all of them laughing and talking. I couldn't help the big smile that made it's way on my face because i love this vieuw, the vieuw of my family together. It makes me so happy that i don't want this to end.

During the rest of the night i sat inbetween jade and florence and i played with her fingers when it got a bit overwhelming. Most of the time i love my loud and happy family but sometimes it gets a bit to much for me. And this time the girl i like was there to help me stay calm and let me tell you almost nothing feels better than this.

Okay do last night i came up with the perfect idea of how to make things official between madeline and florence and i can't wait to write it. Ofcourse i won't rush things because i like keeping you guys waiting and i'll also focus a bit more on her relationship with her family and most importantly her mama:)

Remember to take care of yourself and have a good day🤍