60

Madeline POV

As i'm walking to the front door i can feel myself getting more nervous with every step i take. My heart starts pounding in my chest and i don't even know why i'm this nervous about seeing her again but i am. I open the door and it's completely quiet inside "i'm home!" I yell to whoever is home and i hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

A minute later scarlett walks in smiling wide as she sees me "hi" she says quietly like she's scared if she talks to loud i'll go away again. "Hi" i answer a bit louder than she did "i really missed you" she said and with that i went up to give her a hug. She immediatly wrapped her arms around me not planning on letting go for a while but i don't mind. We stay in eachothers embrace for as long as needed and than we slowly pull away. "So are we making any mac&cheese by chance?" I ask her ans she laughs "i told you we were come on" she answers and we move to the kitchen.

After eating in a bit of an awkward scilence we moved to the living room and i broke the scilence "the time i've spent with lizzie was much needed and i had time to calm down and think about things for a while" i say and she nods " i've also spent the time you were gone thinking. I tought about all the things i could do to make you see how sorry i am but i remembered giving you things won't fix things so i decided to wait till you came home to talk" she says and i nod " i know it's completely my fault that i wasn't there for you when i told you i'd be there and i get that you're mad at me. To be honest i'd be mad to if i were in your position so i don't expect you to forgive me right now but i'll make sure to make it up to you" she tells me and i smile "you know i was really mad at first but i calmed down and tought about it. And you're right i don't forgive you completely yet and it'll take some time, but i'm willing to give you another chance yo make it up. The only thing i don't know is how many chances you got left so this might possibly be the last one i'll ever give you" i tell her and she nods smiling "i'm glad you're giving me another chance. I won't fuck up this one" she says and we cuddle up and watch a movie.

Halfway trough the movie i speak up again "you know you're like the only person i've ever tought about forgiving and giving another chance"i start and ahe looks down at me with a smile "every other person who's hurt me once and not even half as bad as you did but i never gave them another chance and i just cut them off" i say and she gives me a confused look "why?" She asks and i shrug "let's just say that i have a hard time trusting adults and i never gave anyone another chance to break my trust again" i say and she nodds still confused but she doesn't ask any more about it and i'm glad about that.

Scarlett POV

When madeline got home all i wanted to was run up to her and wrap her in a hug but i fugured that wasn't the best thing to do with where we're standing right now so i didn't. Than i told her that i missed her and she hugged me and i felt complete again. I didn't plan on letting go for a while and i think she noticed so we just stayed in eachothers embrace for a while.

Than she asked me about the mac&cheese and i couldn't help but laugh at that. My heart made a little jump from joy when she helped me make it. We fell into a bit of an awkward scilence and just as i was about to say something she beat me to it. Apperantly she tought a lot about it just like i did , i know that i hurt her and she won't forgive me yet and i told her that. Then something i didn't expect her to say left her mouth m, she's giving me another chance, a chance to make it up to her and show her how much i love her. I already got some ideas, i'll make more time for her and do things she loves with her, i'll maybe invite jade and mason over for a week. I'll just do whatever she wants me to because she's worth it.

After a while of scilence she told me i'm the only person with who she's ever tought about forgiving or giving another chance and that made me smile but also a bit confused. Then she told me she doesn't trust adults and never gives them anither chance to hurt her and my mind started drifting off.

What happened to her that made her trust issues with adults so bad that after doing less than half the shit i did to cut them off? I wanna know what happened to my little girl when she grew up to make trusting adults so hard for her and i know she'll tell me eventually. I'll just have to earn her trust enough for her to open up about that. That's the thing i'll work for, her trust.

So she gave scarlett another chance.

Will scarlett fuck up again or will it all go well...

Keep reading to find out.

We're already on chapter 60! This is so crazy.

At first i was doubting whether or not i would upload any of this story but when i did and saw how many of you read this i was glad it went so well. This is my first book and i didn't think anyone would read this but i was wrong. I'm so gratefull for all of you and i love every songle one of you.

I hope all of you are doing okay and that you're having a good day🤍

 The Evansson twinsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara