23

Madeline POV

When i get to jade's house her mother takes me apart after e while. "Okay honey what's going on why are you being like this?" She asks and i actualy scares me that she can see right trough me. I can't even think about lying woth this woman because she knows i'm lying before i do. "Well as you know we're living with our birthparents, we also met pir godparents yesterday and that went really well. But it's just the thing that i get along with everyone but scarlett. Chris has been the most perfect dad i could wish for even tough he knows i don't fully trust him he gives me 110% of love and attention and i like that. And lizzie she's so amazing we spent the day together, i took her to the studio and sang for her and we went shopping and i really had fun. And robert and i clicked immediatly last night so that was fun as well. But than there's scarlett whe always fight or argue, i get rules i need to follow and jack doesn't, she expects me to change my personality because she doesn't want rose turning out like me and she doesn't even try to be nice." I say and i see she's processing the words. "Okay so what i'm getting from it it's just with your mother you hzve problems?" She asks "yes aunt carol i really don't know what to do with it anymore, she picks fights for the most stupid reasons, she's not nice to me, she always get mad when i make one sarcastic comment and she doesnnt even try to hide tha fact that she doesn't love me" i say and she sighs "maddibear did you give her a chance?" She asks and i nod "a real chance to try and be your mother?" She asks again and i think. Did i give her a chance? "I think so" i say "i just don't trust her and she's given me reasons not to" i tell her and she nods. "Look i think you both need to put in a bit of effort to make this work. You need to give her a real chance and try a bit harder and i'l sure she'll appreciate that and she will change." She says and i nod "thanks for the advice" i say and i go back to the rest.

We spent the whole night playing games, drinking and laughing. The next day we went out for a picnic in the park wich is where we are now. Jade and i are laughing and trying the most stupid poses for some photo's while tha boys are having a smoke. They started smoking last year right before our fouteenth birthday. I always told jackson he could do whatever he wants but i'm not smoking anything, not even vaping. I know he has some secret stash at the house and i hope for him he hid it well enough so scarlett won't find out. I think if she ever found out he would be dead. Atfer a few hours of goofing around in the park i text chris to come get us.

Chris POV

It was around 4:45 pm when i got a text from mads to go get them. "Scar i'm going to get the kids i'll be back soon!" I yell trough the house before i leave. After driving a bit over five minutes i get to jade's house and the twins come out immediatly. Mads called shotgun and jackson went to the backseat in defeat. "Hey chris can we go get mcdonald's for dinner tonight?" Mads asks me with her big puppy eyes and i can't say no to that "sure bubs just text your mom and ask what she wants" i say and she nods. When we get there i order a big mac and big fries, jackson takes the same, scar wanted a chicken menu and mads takes a long bacon burger with some fries and a vanilla milkshake. When the food was ready we hurry home to eat.

Scarlett POV

While the kids were away i had a lot of time to fill so i started looking trough some things from work and for the black widow movie. I also cleaned the house and by the time i was ready chris was gone and i got a text from madeline asking me what i wanted from mcdonald's. I'm nearly sure she ised her puppy eyes against chris because we all know he can't say no to those and to be honest no one can say no to her puppy eyes. It would take them a little while to get back so i decide to call rose for a bit.

By the time they got home i just ended the call with rose and we ate while the kids told us how it went. After we ate we decided to watch a movie and to my surprise madeline sat down next to me, not as close as i want her to be but it's a beginning. As rhe movie goes on i suddenly feel a body against mine and it took my by surprise that madeline was sitting against me, i slowly wrap my arm around her and pull her closer to me and she cuddles in my side. I give her a kiss on her head and trh to put my attention back on the movie but that's impossible with my heart doing a happy dance. I keep stealing glances and see thet she's trying to keep her eyes open "it's okay you can sleep i'll wake ypu up before we go to bed" i say and she nods and puts her head in my lap. The rest of the time i play with her dark blonde hair, it's nice to have my sweet little girl back in my arms.

Madeline is finaly giving scarlett a chance. Let's just hope she won't take it for granted.

Okay i got a little question for you.
So ad you know i'm pre-writing this story and i'm already on chapter 40 so i tought as a sort of celebration i'd let you guys choose wether you want more chapters today or you want to wait for a daily update?

If you choose for more today i'll upload 2 more.

I hope you guys are doing great and taking care of yourself. You deerve the absolute best🤍