17

Scarlett POV

I heard madeline screaming something and then i saw jackson running downsairs and hiding behind chris. Madeline cale down olny seconds after him looking angry "what happend up there?" I ask them. "Well this stupid hippo i call my twin brother tought it would be a brilliant idea to pull me out of bed making me fall on the ground!" She says angrily and i can't help but notice how much her accent coles out when she's angry. "Well in my defense you were stuck in your head and weren't moving so" jackson tries to reason and we all see her face fill with anger again. As she takes a step forward jackson says something none of us expected him to say "mum dad protect me. she's gonna kill me" he says and we all look at him shocked. Mine and chris's faces are filled with joy after a second our little boy called us mum and dad. But madeline has this expression i can't read and it frustrates me. When she was little i could read all her emotions and toughts. I knew what she was thinking at all times. But right now i can't anymore and i don't wike it.

Madeline POV

Did he just call them mum and dad? What the actual fuck he just called them mum and dad?! I'm to stunned for words. They're not even back in our lifes for three weeks and he's anready calling them mum and dad. There are a lot of emotions going trough me right now but the main ones are anger sadness and also a bit of dissapointment. I feel the tears threatnong to spill so i just run away to my bathroom and i lock the door.

I hear three pairs of footsteps coming into my room and making their way to my bathroom. Right now inm full on crying and not breathing properly. Normally when this sort of things happen my brother helps me trough it but right now he can't so i do the one other thing that comes to mind. I call my best friend to try and calm me down. "Hey bimbo whatsup" jade says as she answers the call, she hears my uneven breaths and know immediatly what's going on "hey mads. Can yoj hear me?" She asks me concerned. I try to answer but nothing comes out so i just humm to let her know i've heard her. "Okay that's good can you try to say something to me?" She asks in a calm voice. "I... i.." it try but nothing more comes out so i humm again letting her know i can't even speak. "Okay that's alright mads just try to calm down and clear your head of the things that sent you into you panic attack. Just listen to my breathing and try to follow it okay" and i humm again so she knows i'm still there. I listen to her breathing trought the phone and after a few minutes my breathing gets normal again and i explain what happened to her.

We talk for a little while longer until a knock on my bathroom door interupts us. "Hey maddi are ypu okay in there" i hear scarlett's voice saying. "I'm fine" i answer "okay well your plate is downstairs do you want me to reheat it for you?" She asks. "No it's onay i'm not hungry" i reply and i hear a sigh coming from the other side of the door. "Look i realy want you to eat something so i'll make you a small sandwich and bring it up" she says and i hear her footsteps fading.

When scarlett left i quickly went into my closet to take a pyjama and get ready before one of them sees me like this. I wash my face and put my hair in a messy bun and i get in bed. I'm scrolling trough instagram and rhen i hear a knock on my door and see chris coming in with a plate. I tought scarlett was going to bring it to me, i guess that shows how much she cares aswell. "Hey bubs your mother told me to bring this to you" he says sith a sweet tone. "Thankyou" i say as he hands me the olaye, i scoot over and pat the spot next to me showing him to sit next to me and he does. I start eating in silence until i have to ask the question that has been on my mind the whole time "why didn't she come bring it herself?" I ask him in a small voice looking up at him. "Rose called and she wanted to talk to her for a bit" he answers and there it is again. This wave of dissapointment, i donnt even know why i actualy care about this because i already know she doesn't want me and she doesnnt love me. I mean i forgot about rose for a second but it all makes sense now. I'm the daughter that wasn't good enough so she gave us up, she had a new daughter she actualy wants and she missed her son so she came back for him. And i, i just happen to come along woth him so she's forced to take me back. "Oh okay" is all i can say. I finish my sandwich and put the plate aside "you wanna watch a movie?" I ask him and he nods "i'll set it up while you can change in some mor comfortable clothes" i tell him and he nods and walk out.

We were watching fast& fusious and i didn't notice i moved closer to chris until he put his arm around me and i was pressed against him. I cuddled into him, this is nice and exactly what i imagined cuddling with my dad would feel like. I was already exhausted from all the crying and this comforting cuddles made me even sleepier so i closed my eyes and moved closer to his body of that was even possible.

Scarlett POV

I was about to go upstairs and give my little girl her sandwich but then my phone rang. I saw romain's name on the screen and knew ot was rose who probably wanted to talk to me. When i had rose i tought she would fill the void in my heart where my bam bam used to be, but she didn't she made it even bigger and i've always felt so guilty towards her that i wan't love her the same way i live madeline. The love i have for madeline is diffrent from the love i have for rose and jackson. Even when it was just the two of them madeline was always special, she had this hold over my heart that i can't explain and every day she was away from me a small piece of my hear broke and went her way. But right now she's piecing it back together and she's filling that void again even if she doesn't know it.
I pick up the phone and see my little bean's face on the screen "mommy mommy i've gotta tell you about what me and daddy did today." She says and i quickly tell chris to bring her the sandwich so she eats. Rose keeps on talking and suddelny jackson comes in the room and he wants to meet her so i let them. It's nice to see how they interact with eachother and how easy it is for rose to talk to him.

The phone call took way longer than i expected. After two hours off rose talking i'm finaly able to go up and see my sweet little girl. I don't hear any sounds coming frol her room and her lights are off aswell so i slowly open the door. When i look over to her bed i see her and chris cuddled up asleep. Then there it is again thes pang of jealousy i feel inside of me, i know it's not good and that i should be happy she's getting comfortable with one of us but i want it to be me. Why can't whe be like this with me? I give her a kiss on her forehead and walk to my room and i feel the tears rolling down my face. I want what chris has roght now, all i want is my little girl cuddled up with me in bed again.