24

Madeline POV

It's been three days since my talk with aunt carol, she really gave me some good advice. Things between scarlett and i are getting better, she's nicer to me and i try to swallow as many sarcastic comments as i can but sometimes it just comes out. Lizzie got called for work so she couldn't stay long enough for me to say goodbye but we text as often as we can and i'm currently drawing a picture of her from when she was younger. I have this idea where i'll draw her life in pictures and then make a kind of photoalbum from it, you get the idea it's liek a normal photo album but with drawings instead. I'm starting now so i have enough time until her birthday. I'm also working on some new lyrics for a song and when we move to new york i'll show them to robbie so he can tell me what he thinks about it.

I was so busy in my own world that i didn't hear scarlett enter the room until i saw her standing next to me looking at the drawing i'm making of lizzie "that's really good. You truly do have many talents my sweet little girl" she says and i smile "thanks it's for an idea i had for a birthdaypresent for her" i tell her and suddenly i remember something. "Oh right just wait a sec" i say getting up and she looks confused while i walk into my closet "okay so when lizzie and i went shopping i got you something but than we had a fight so i didn't give it then and over the last days i linda forgot about it but here this is for you" i say while giving her a small bag.

Scarlett POV

I remember now lizzie telling me she got me something but these past few days i forgot about it aswell because i was so happy that she's starting to warm up to me. I open the bag and see a blue velvet box, when i open the box i see the most beautiful simlpe golden necklace with a sun and when i look over she's holing one with a moon in her hands.

"I got us the sun and the moon i tought it would be nice to have something that fits together

"I got us the sun and the moon i tought it would be nice to have something that fits together. That's ofcourse only if you want to wear it" she ads quickly and i wrap my arms around her "it's beautiful and i love the idea of us having matchin necklaces" i tell her in a calm tone but inside i'm freaking out. This is a step in the good direction. She helps me put on my mecklace and than put hers on. I look down at it and smile "i'l not taking this off anymore" i say and her smile grows "i don't think i will either" she says and my heart skipped a beat out of happiness. "Your dad is taking jackson somewhere this afternoon when he grt's home from school you wanna do something with me?" I ask her hopefully and she nods "sure what did you have in mind?" She asks and to be honest i had no clue "i have no idea i tought you might know some fun places to go" i say and she starts thinking. "Are you scared of dogs?" She asks me and i have no idea why and honestly i'm kinda scared she asked that. "No i'm not. Why do you ask?" I ask her and she smiles "you'll see" she says and walks i to her closet "wear something comfy and be ready in ten minutes " she says like that's a lot of help.

Madeline POV

I had the perfect idea there is this older couple near the orphanage and they have two huskies. I used to walk them everytime and it sounds like a fun thing to do with scarlett. I put on some leggings and a sweater since it isn't that warm but it isn't that cold either, i put my hair up in a messy bun and take my vans. When i get down i see chris sitting on the sifa and i decide it's time to annoy him while i wait for scarlett. So i run over to the couch and jump on top of him. He grunts and i start laughing "whatcha doinnn" i aks in a annoying tone and i can see the look on his face already "i was looking tv until i was attacked by a chihuahua" he says and i start laughing. "Oh you think you're funny now?" He asks and i nod while laughing "okay we'll see who'll be laughing last" he says and he starts tickling me. I burts out laughing and i try ti squirm out of his grasp but it's useless to try "stop stop please" i try but he doesn't stop "chris pl- please i ca- ca- can't breathe" i say between laughter and he finaly stops. "I bet you'll think twice about doing that now" he says like he just won a battle and i answer "yeah i'll probably think about it two times and do it anyways" as i try to stay serious but i can't and i start laughing again and he joins me. "I'm ready" we hear scarlett say and i get up and walk over to her "bye chris" i say and we go to the car.

After giving her the directions to the olace i tell her to wait by the car ehile i go get them. When ms. Smith opens the door she's happy to see me but the two fur babies are even happier. I put their leashes on and walk them to scarlett. "Scarlett meet apollo and hades, the two dogs i used to walk daily when i was at the orphanage" i say and she pets them both. I give her hades' leash and start walking. "When did you start walking them?" She asks "around teo years ago. I saw ms. Smith struggling with them so i offerd to walk them for her, it was the perfect excuse to get away from the crazyness of the orphanage" i answer and she nods."why did you stop walking them everyday?" She asks afet a while "I used to walk them every day but then something happened and i didn't have the energy to walk them as much as i did" i answer vague and she just humms.

For the rest of the walk we just talked and she didn't ask about what happened wich i was gratefull for because that's not something she needs to know, at least not right now.

Hi my beautiful people, i hope you enjoyed this chaper.

I realy like where the relationship between scarlett and madeline is going but wether or not it stays like that you'll have to keep reading to find out.

Remember that you are loved!

Have a great day🤍