29

Scarlett POV

When i finally had shaken iff the papparazi i went looked back to where the twins were but i didn't see them anywhere. I was going to look for them but then i saw another one with a camera and i just turned around and went to the car, not wanting to get bombarded with flashes and questions again. When i got in the car i did the only thing i could think of i called chris. "Hello" his voice said from the other side of the line "chris i have a problem" i say and then his voice filled with concern. "What happened? Are you okay? Where are the twins?" He asks quickly and i feel tears pricking my eyes "we got swarmed by paps end i left them" i say and my voice breaks "you did what?!" he screams angrily trough the phone. "I know it's stupid but i tought they would follow me and when i got back they were gone. I was about to go search them but the paps were coming again and i walked away" i say and i hear him sigh "okay just come home and i'll ask mark to ouck them up he's working not far from there" he says "okay" i say and he says a quick goodbye and ends the call.

Madeline POV

"Just come with me i'm a friend of your father" the man says but i don't trust his word "can you prove that's true?" I ask him and he sighs and gets put his phone. "Hello? Mark did you find them? Are they with you right now?" I hear chris' voice ask "yeah i'm with them, madeline wanted me to prove i really know you" he says and i laugh a little " well you could've been some creep" i say and i hear chris laugh trough the phone. "It's okay bubs i asked him to come get you" he reassusres me and than i think of the reason he's here "where's scarlett?" I ask him not really wanting to know the answer "she's on her way home. She left when i told her mark would come get you" he says and my heart sinks to my stomach again "oh okay" i say in a quiet voice. The rest of the conversation was a blur because all i could think about was that she didn't only leave us at the store but she left to go home without us. She actualy left us here that was all i could think about.

Mark got us home and when the car stopped i saw the front foor opening and scarlett was running outside. "I don't want to talk to them" i say to jackson and he nods. We get out of the car and i feel a pair of arms wrap around me "thank god you're okay i was so worried" she says and i push her off "stop acting like you care" i spit and i walk inside ignoring whoever was there and i walk to my room and slam the door shut and lock it. How could she leave us and say such things and then when we get home say she's worried. It makes no sense, why does she pretend to care about us, about me.

Lizzie POV

When the car stopped scar ran outside as fast as she could and wrapped madeline in a hug. But as soon as she did that madeline pushed her away and said something before rushing past us. When jackson czme in i could tell by his face that he was mad and i know that if jackson is mad about this the things madeline is feeling will be much worse. I look at jackson and he gives me a subtle nod with his head signaling me to go upstairs to mads. I walk away and none of the rest seems to notice, when i get near madeline's room i can hear the sobs from outside and i hear that she's not breathing well. I knock at the door "go away!" She screams "mads can you open the door please?" I ask, no answer. "Madeline please open the door it's me lizzie. Just let me in to help you your bot breathing well" i say and the door unlocks and as i walk into the room i see her sitting on the ground shaking and crying. I rush over and tak eher in my arms "hey little monkey it's okay, just breathe with me." I say but she keeps chocking on her sobs "baby focus on my voice and try fo match my breathing please" i say and she nods in my chest. I really hate seeing her like this and i wonder what happened that made her this upset.

Madeline POV

I was trying to calm my breathing as i was listening to lizzie whispering sweet nothings into my ear. I can't believe i got this upset about the woman who clearly doesn't want me. She probably thinks she knows what's best for us but the truth is she only does what's best for herself. She doesn't know shit about me because if she did she would know that in the outside i act like i don't care about her, but on the inside i'm this little girl dreaming about being lived by her mother, i'm her sweet little girl and all i want from her is to show me i can trust her so she can be my mama again. "Are you okay?" Lizzie asks me and i just shrug. "What happened?" She asks again, i get up and walk to my bed and she follows me. As soon as she hits the bed besides me i cuddle closer to her again "she left us" i say in a quiet voice "she left me" i say and i start crying again "oh monkey when did she leave you" she asks waiting for me to explain further. "We went to the store for things for our rooms, and i was already mad at her for what happened yesterday and she just made it worse today. When we left a store there were paps and they kept asking who we were and with- without th- sorry" i say as my voice begins to crack "it's alright take your time" lizzie says in a calming tone while rubbing her hand up and down my arm. "She told them we were just some random fans. A-and she didn't even have to think about her answer like she had it ready or something. Maybe that's just how she really feels. But then some of them started screaming and touching me and i started panicking and she just walked away. She just walked away like we weren't there lees than five meters behind her surrounded by papparazis, she left me like she always does when it gets a little hard." I say and i sniffle. "I don't even know why i keep letting myself get hurt by the woman who clearly doesn't want me, and if you think about it it does make sense." I say and lizzie looks confused "why?" She asks and i let out a watery chuckle "she always wanted a daughter and a son so that's why she came back, she wanted jackson. She already had her daughter and she wanted her son back, i just happened to come along woth him. She doesn't want me, i bet she never did, i'm not good enough to meet her standards not will i ever be. She's just having her fun with breaking my heart and making me hurt like all the rest of the 'parents' i've had in my life" i say and lizzie has this look on her face that i can't place. It's like there are o lot of emotions are running around inside her head and she can't control them.

Thanks for almost 560 reads❤️

So scarlett fucked up big time. How will she fix this? Will she be able to fix this? Will lizzie  defend scarlett or will she choose madeline's side and tell scarlett off?

A lot can happen next so keep reading to find out.

Are there things you like or don't like in this story?
And things you want to happen or don't want so happen?

Suggestions and requests  are always welcome and i'll see what i can do with them.

Take good care of yourself and have a good day🤍